Late Night Talk

Rain POV

When he left the bus, I went to the back of the room to write music. I was having trouble writing the lyrics for this one song…Damn…

After a couple hours, I’m not sure how long it was, I stood up and went to my bunk. Writing music could be exhausting. I was asleep within another twenty minutes.

I was awoken when I felt someone sit on my bunk, next to me.

“Everything okay?” Andy whispered.

“Yeah. You woke me the fuck up, bitch.” I joked tiredly.

“I’m sorry…I just…really wanted to see you because you didn’t go to the show. It was different without you there tonight…and not the good kind of different…”

“Where are the guys?” I asked, starting to wake up a bit more.

“They’re all sleeping. We’ve been on the road for a couple hours now.”

“Oh, damn. How was the show, then?”

“I told you…it was different. It was…our average…no Rain there to make things super awesome and crazy fun.”

I sat up Indian style and Andy turned to sit facing me.

It was one of those moments where I could swear that the love wasn’t just one sided…that maybe he liked me back…maybe even as much as I liked him…

But I knew it wasn’t possible because he’s in love with Juliet.

I reached a hand out and started playing with some of his hair. His blue eyes watched me as I did so, but he didn’t say anything.

I pulled my hand away after a few minutes of soft silence. “Sorry…”

“Don’t be.” He said, his voice barely more than a whisper.

After a bit more silence where we just sat there on my dark bunk and looked at each other, he opened his mouth again.

“I’m sorry I woke you up.”

“It’s fine.” I reassured him.

“Are you still tired?” He asked.

“Yeah, but I’ll be fine. Besides, I’d need my music in order to go back to sleep at this point.”

He changed positions so that his back was against the wall and he could lean back, and then patted his lap. I had noticed that he had changed out of his leather and studs and makeup after the show. He was now in a black cotton tee and red and black pajama bottoms.

I was getting a bit more tired because silence does that to me sometimes. I grabbed my pillow and put it in his lap, then laid my head down.

“I really wish you’d been there tonight, Rain. I dedicated Saviour to you.” He said.

“That’s sweet, Andy. Do…do the guys know about…me?” I asked, referring to my wrists, scars, and what had happened and been happening.

“No. I didn’t think you’d want them to know. I mean, if I was you, I wouldn’t want my friends constantly watching me to make sure I wasn’t cutting or to be nice to me out of fear that I’d do it because of something they said.”

“That’s exactly how I feel. How do you know that?”

“It’s not important.”

“Okay. What’d the fans say about your hand?”

“They didn’t really notice…”

I stayed silent. I really felt bad for what had happened to his hand…

Then his voice broke the silence, but he wasn’t talking this time.

“I never meant to be the one,

Who kept you from the dark.

But now I know my wounds are sewn,

Because of who you are.

I will take this burden on,

And become the holy one,

But remember I am human,

And I’m bound to sing this song.” It was very light, but still so beautiful. I closed my eyes and listened to him sing. I was asleep before the song finished, and it was a very peaceful sleep.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll have another chapter up very soon.