To The Stage

“Just tell them it’s gonna be great.” I said finally.

“I always do. I have faith in you guys.”

“You’re so sweet, Rain. You know, we have just as much faith in you.”

“Impossible. My faith reaches beyond that of every religious person in the universe.”

“That’s kind of hard to beat…but we’re pretty damn close, then.”

I smiled at her and watched her blush and look down.

“Well…I’m going to take my stuff down to the bus…”

“Okay. I’ll be down in a little while to get you for the show.”

She nodded and walked out. I stood up and went to get my makeup on and get dressed.

After I was finished, I walked down to the bus. I checked her bunk, but she wasn’t there.

It took me a moment to figure out where she was, but I finally figured it out when I heard the tune to Carolyn coming out from the front room.

I walked forward slowly, like I do every night, and saw her there beginning the song.

“Those times in life we learn to try with one intention,

Of learning how and when we’ll die.

But we can’t listen.” “I wish to God I’d known that I,

I didn’t stand a chance of looking back and knowing why

A pain of circumstance,” For the first time since I’d heard her sing Ashley by Escape the Fate, I sang along. But this time, I let her know I was there, and that I was listening.

“You’re not alone,

We’ll brave this storm,” I sang along as I walked in. She looked up, somewhat surprised to see me there, but kept singing and playing when I smiled at her.

“So here’s my song I wrote in time,

When it was needed.” I listened to our voices mixing wonderfully and decided that tonight was the night that I would finally do what I’d been planning to do.

I sat down next to her and we finished the song together. “Godsmack, Andy. You shouldn’t sneak up on me like that.”

I decided not to tell her that I’d been listening to her sing for the past…almost six weeks.

“I didn’t. I wanted to sing with you. I think you’re voice is beautiful by the way.”

“Thanks. I know yours is.” She laughed lightly. “We should get going though.”

“Yeah…” I stood up and grabbed her hand. “Come on, the guys are probably waiting.”

She made no effort to let go of my hand, but followed with me to the car that would take us to the venue.

She put in her headphones on the way there, and I pulled out my phone and texted Jinxx and Jake.

‘Hey, you still know all the chords to Carolyn?’

‘Of course.’ Jinxx texted back.

‘Yeah.’ Jake texted.

Good.

I texted Ash. ‘You still good at playing Carolyn?’

We hadn’t done this song in a while, so…

‘Yepp.’

Then I texted CC. ‘You know the beat for Carolyn, right?’

‘Yessir xp’ He texted back.

I smiled to myself and mass texted the four of them. ‘Be prepared.’

At the venue, we made Rain stay on the side of the stage when we went on. “You have to stay right here.” I told her. “I need to be able to see you.”

She agreed somewhat suspiciously and reluctantly.

We ran onto the stage and started off with New Religion, like we had this whole tour. Jon knew what I was planning to do.

After I took a couple of breaths when the song was done, I put the mic back up to my mouth.

“How are all you motherfuckers doing tonight?”

The crowd screamed. I loved that adrenaline feeling you get when you’re on stage and all these fans are out there screaming your name and your band’s name.

“That’s awesome. So, we’re gonna do a song track from We Stitch These Wounds…” I said. They screamed again. “You all know Carolyn?” Several yes’s and more screaming.

I saw the guys prepare to play it. “So does our friend, Rain.” I grinned and saw her set down her camera. Ash walked over and grabbed her hand, and pulled her out on stage with him.

Jinxx grabbed an extra microphone from Jon and handed it to her. “Hey, all you BVB lovers,” She said easily.

They all cheered again.

This was gonna be some crazy awesome shit.

The chords for Carolyn struck up.

“By the way,” She added. “I didn’t know this was going to happen, or I would probably be much less terrified and shocked right now.” We all laughed.

We did the song, and as I sang, my voice becoming one with hers, I hoped to God someone was recording.

“What do you guys think?” I asked after we were done with the song. “Do you guys think she’s rock star material?!?”

They screamed and I grinned out at them. “I know she is! She will be famous one day soon, I just know it!”

I moved the microphone away from my mouth for a second and turned to her. “Do you know the words to Rebel Yell?”

She nodded confidently. Her stage fright seemed to have left her. She was a natural up here.

“How many of you motherfuckers are gonna buy the Rebels EP?” I asked them. “We’re gonna do Rebel Yell, by Billy Idol. We covered it on the EP.”

We finished the set; Rain knew the lyrics to every song, and it sounded perfect.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Review, dolls. This chapter kinda sucked...but hopefully the next one is better..