Chapter Seven

Raichand Mansion, Delhi

Armaan enters the Mansion with Kavya's question, clouding his mind, 'Can I trust you?'

He even recalls her dark brown eyes, which reflected the newly developed trust towards him. This realisation gave him a sharp pain in his chest and turns to walk towards the bar near the dining table. He pours a drink for himself and grabs the glass to consume it, but a familiar voice stops his action.

Armaan turns to find his parents approaching him with a big smile lacing their lips. He frowns at first, but startles when Yash hugs him.

He moves his hand to wrap his arms around his father, only to stop when he hears his Yash's words, "Kavya has agreed to the marriage."

Armaan freezes at his spot in shock, neither has he responds to the hug nor he utters a word. He has been working on tricking Kavya, from last night and he was confident after the lunch, she will agree to this marriage.

Yet a question roams in his mind, 'What will happen when Kavya will know the truth?'

Yash breaks the hug to find Armaan engrossed in his own thoughts. He asks, "Armaan, aren't you happy?"

Armaan asks in a trance, "Is Kavya happy?"

Yash and Sonia stare at him in shock and observe their son is still drowning in his own thoughts. Yash attempts to understand his son's condition. But Armaan takes a step back and doesn't give an opportunity to test him. He grabs his glass of whiskey and moves towards his room. 

Sonia attempts to follow him, but Yash stops her by saying, "Let him be alone."

Sonia turns to glance at Yash's smiling face and finds a different spark in her husband's eyes. She recognizes this spark and the reason, though her concern for Kavya, makes her sad.

Living Room, Kapoor Mansion

Myra and Kavya stare at their parents, while sitting on the couch across them. They see their parents are blissfully announcing Kavya's marriage news to friends and relatives. Kavya smiles, seeing their excitement for her marriage.

Myra shifts closer to Kavya and asks, "Didu, you are seriously getting married?"

Kavya nods with a smile and Myra grins while saying, "So, now the room will be only mine."

Kavya glares at her and Myra wraps her both arms around her. She states with affection, "But I will miss you Didu. You will shift with Armaan in Mumbai now."

Kavya smiles and wraps an arm around her, before replying, "I will miss you too, Myra."

Kavya plants a kiss on Myra's cheek and they turn to face their parents, when they hear their words, "And we will miss you the most."

Kavya stands to walk towards them and sit in between her parents. Myra too joins them and sits next to Ranveer. They spend the evening talking and pampering Kavya, feeling emotional to realise she was leaving soon.

Dining Room, Raichand Mansion

Armaan's phone rings with Rihan's call, but he disconnects the call, not willing to talk with anyone. His mind stays occupied with Kavya's words, 'Can I trust you?' 

But he shakes his head to push her thoughts away. He focuses on the laptop, placed in front him and tries to distract himself with work.

Yash arrives and finds his son working on his laptop. Yash sighs in defeat and takes his seat at the middle, while Armaan is already seated to his left. He looks at his son who is too engrossed in work to notice his presence.