Chapter Thirty Five

Office Room, Armaan's Mansion

Mary's hilarious giggles fill the office room, making Armaan roll his eyes and scribble his signatures on some papers furiously.

After having dinner in awkward silence with Kavya, who seem so annoyed to even spare him a single glance. A confused Mary demanded explanation after Armaan came in his office room to complete some paper work.

He had shared with Mary the incident with Yuvi at Ruhi's apartment building, which made Kavya again angry on him.

Mary teases, controlling her giggles, "Oh dear, Armaan you lost a lovely long drive with your wife to a kid? I thought, I taught you better."

Armaan glares at her and shouts, "That's not funny, Mary. That kid is a devil, but Kavya calls him innocent. Can you believe it?"

Mary rolls her eyes and snatches the pen from his hand as he was resuming to sign the papers.

She crosses her arms and scolds, "Stop getting angry on that kid, you have more important work to do?"

He frowns in confusion and demands, "What work?"

Mary answers with a sweet smile, "You have to ask Kavya out for Mr. Rajput's party."

Armaan asks, raising his eyebrows, "How do you-"

He stops, realising who might have reported her and murmurs through gritted teeth, "Rihan."

Mary retorts playfully, "If you can spy on Kavya, then why can't we spy on you and report each other. I can't wait to tell Rihan, regarding Yuvi and your-"

Armaan warns, while raising to his feet, "Don't you dare."

She giggles and states, "Ok, I will think of it, BUT how will you be asking Kavya to be your date?"

He faces her and shakes his head before admitting, "I am not asking her out, I will make some excuse to Veer."

Mary's eyes widen and she demands with shock, while walking closer, "Why? What? Please ask her. Please."

Armaan sighs in defeat and explains, "I want to, but she is angry again. So, asking something of my benefit will only disappoint her."

Mary slaps her forehead and murmurs, "What do I do with this silly boy?"

She makes him sit back on his seat and explains after dragging another seat to sit besides, "Did you even understand the reason why Mr. Rajput asked you to bring Kavya?"

He shakes his head, so she explains, "Armaan, husband and wife are not separate. When husband gets an invitation, his wife is automatically invited and vice versa. It does not benefit anyone, it shows their importance in other's life."

He frowns and Mary carries on, "If you will ask Kavya, than she won't be disappointed because by taking her, you will give her the place of a wife. You will respectfully introduce her as Mrs. Armaan Raichand in front of thousands of people. This will make her happy and trust you again."

Armaan mentally processes this information and faces Mary, who nods in assurance.

He states with a nod, "I will ask her."

She smiles and requests, "And little more efforts with patience, dear. Don't be angry on a small incident, you need to be careful with her. It takes 10 times more efforts and time to heal than it took to cause the damage."