Chapter Fourty Four

Midnight

Kavya's Room, Armaan's Mansion

The door of the room opens slowly and a cautious Armaan peeps inside to find Kavya. He scans the place to discover his wife sleeping on the bed.

He tip toes to enter the room after shutting the door and sees with the help of the dim light of one candle bulb.

Armaan takes slow yet soundless steps towards the bed. He stands at the left side and stares at his wife's peaceful face.

He thinks, 'Thank God, she is sleeping comfortably without stress.'

Armaan smiles and thinks again, 'And now I finally know, what she expects from me. Soon, everything will be perfect.'

He keeps gazing at her face for a brief moment and feels her shiver in her slumber. He frowns and shifts his gaze to the air conditioner to read 18 degree temperature.

Armaan searches around and finds the remote control near Kavya's pillow. He bends to grab it and increases the temperature to 22 degree.

He places the remote back near the pillow and moves his hands towards the end of the bed to pull the duvet. Armaan bends to cover her exposed skin completely, so she doesn't catch cold.

Suddenly Kavya turns to her left, while moving her right arm and it lands over Armaan's back, making him freeze at his spot.

He glances at her face to discover her eyes still closed with calm breathes and relaxes, sighing in relief.

Armaan thinks, 'I thought, she will punch me again.'

However, he freezes again as Kavya's hand caresses his back and moves towards the back of his neck.

Armaan stares at her face for any sign of waking up and observes her lips curling up in a small smile.

Before he can react, Kavya starts pulling him closer. He panics and attempts to hold himself back, only to fail as Kavya caresses the back of his exposed neck. He loses control over himself and starts leaning towards her.

Nearing towards her face, Armaan's eyes fall on her pouty pink lips and his intense gaze remains fixed on them.

Kavya whispers, breaking his trance, "Armaan."

Armaan realises what he is doing and tries to move back, only to feel Kavya's clenching his hair and stopping him from going away.

He stares at her face as they stay still for a few minutes. Slowly she again starts pulling him closer towards her face and he realises their lips are about to meet.

So, he turns his face to the right and keeps leaning as she continues to pull him closer.

Feeling her soft lips touch his stubble cheek, Armaan closes his eyes absorbing the new sensation caused by Kavya's innocent kiss.

This sensation felt more intense compared to the time when she touched him. It was making him crave for more, killing every rational thought, which was stopping him because Kavya is asleep.

But he takes a deep breath and clenches his fists to control himself from touching her. Today, Kavya had taken down her walls by one level, he didn't want to lose the chance, achieved after many days of efforts.

Soon Kavya loosens her hold around his neck and slowly moves her hand around his back, making him open his eyes. He stares at her face and finds her still sleeping peacefully.

Armaan whispers, "What are you doing to me, Kavya?"

He keeps gazing her face and slowly moves his hand to take a hold of Kavya's arm from his back and places it over her stomach.