Chapter Sixty One

Kavya and Myra's Room, Kapoor Mansion, Delhi

Nimrit stands from the bed and demands with curiosity, "What do you mean by come back, Armaan? And why were you running?"

Armaan withdraws his hands from Kavya's shoulders, who is still shocked to react. He pinches the bridge of his nose, thinking of an excuse to cover-up his actions.

While Ranveer observes Armaan keenly with a smirk, making Myra nervous of his intentions.

Nimrit walks closer and demands, "Tell me."

Thinking of an excuse, Armaan answers in a stammering tone, "Actually...I...we-"

Kavya interrupts, "I was angry on him and we had a small argument yesterday. So, he thought, I came here in anger."

Ranveer's smirk widens and an angry Nimrit faces Kavya to ask, "He thought you came here in anger? That means you didn't inform, you were visiting us?"

Kavya lowers her gaze and Nimrit comments angrily, "That's carelessness, Kavy. How can you leave without informing him?"

Kavya apologises in response, "I am sorry, Mamma."

Armaan walks closer, taking charge of the situation, "That's alright Mamma, she must be missing you and I had promised to never stop her from coming here, whenever she or anyone of you wishes."

Nimrit smiles and places her hand on his shoulder before saying, "That's so thoughtful of you Armaan, but leaving without informing is still not acceptable. She got you worried."

Armaan shakes his head and denies, "No, that's-"

He stops, observing a band aid on Myra's forehead and shifts his gaze to catch the glimpse of the crepe bandage, wrapped around her left foot.

Armaan asks with concern, "What happened to her?"

Kavya informs sadly, "She fell off the stairs last night."

He turns to face Kavya and observes the sadness in her eyes before turning to face Nimrit to ask, "What did the doctor say? Is it too serious?"

Nimrit informs, "No, there is a tissue damage. She will be fine in 3 weeks."

Armaan nods in understanding and Ranveer finally stands to walk towards the trio.

He complaining to his wife playfully, "What is this Nimrit? Our son-in-law has come and you haven't asked him for anything, neither allowed him to sit as well."

Nimrit slaps her forehead and apologises, "Oh I didn't realise. I am so sorry, Armaan, come have a seat."

She turns around to find the bed untidy and thinks, 'The bed is a mess.'

She turns back and suggests, "Armaan, why don't you first freshen up, then we can have lunch together."

Armaan nods in response and she faces Kavya to instruct, "Kavy, take Armaan to the guest room."

Before Kavya can protest, Nimrit grabs the file of Myra's medical report from her hold and gestures with her eyes to take Armaan. Seeing no escape, Kavya nods and gestures for Armaan to follow her.

Ranveer observes them keenly as they exit the room and Myra becomes even more nervous with his behaviour.

She thinks, 'Papa's watchful eyes with silence is the deadliest combination on the earth. Plus, Jiju's dramatic entry was cherry on top, God knows what will happen now.'