Chapter Eighteen

7 pm, Los Angeles

Armaan and Rihan reach at Los Angeles, and check-in to the hotel.

Rihan had booked a Luxurious Suite which has two bedrooms, a spacious living room and a small kitchen which he and Armaan will share.

On their every trip, the comfort of Rihan is Armaan's first priority. He never asked him to stay in an ordinary room or provided inferior facilities. They either shared luxurious suites or booked similar rooms for staying.

Rihan and Armaan take a shower before sitting to discuss the details of the project. They will meet the Client tomorrow at 9 am. So, they wanted to reassure every detail they will present in the meeting to kill any scope for error or mistakes.

They take a halt from the discussion at 9 pm when the dinner arrives. Rihan and Armaan settle on the small dining table set, located across the kitchen. They eat in comfortable silence when a thought grabs Rihan's attention.

He glances at Armaan, who is busy chewing his food and asks, "Did you call or message Kavya-"

Armaan freezes at his spot, hearing Kavya's name and stares at Rihan, who continues, "To share the details of your safe journey and arrival at the hotel?"

Armaan retorts, "I am not a kid to give my whereabouts to someone."

Rihan rolls his eyes in annoyance and explains, "Giving your whereabouts will not make you a kid, Armaan."

Armaan ignores his words and eats his dinner, but Rihan continues, "And what do you mean by someone? Kavya is your wife, she must be worried for you."

Armaan states in a flat tone, "She won't be worried."

Rihan argues, "She must be, Armaan, she is your wife, and you left at the middle of the night-"

Armaan interrupts in anger, "Once when I said, she won't be, means she won't be."

Rihan sighs and explains, "Armaan, behave as a husband now. She must be expecting a call from you at least once a day."

Armaan takes a sip of his wine and Rihan continues to explain, "Plus, you left her alone at your place on her very first day. For the sake of humanity, please call her to know whether she has settled comfortably. I am sure, she must be expecting that."

Armaan states, "She won't be expecting anything from me."

Rihan challenges, "How can you be so sure?"

Armaan inform, "Because I confessed everything."

Rihan frowns and asks with a hint of fear in his voice, "Confessed what?"

Armaan informs with no hint of emotion in his eyes, "Reason for marrying her."

Rihan raises to his feet and asks in a high-pitched tone, "What? Have you lost your mind?"

Armaan frowns at his reaction and raises to his feet while asking, "What's the problem?"

Rihan snaps at him, "What's the problem? How could you tell her the truth, Armaan?"

Armaan shrugs and states in a matter-of-fact tone, "She had to know one day, so I confessed it now."

Rihan remembers Kavya's words which he overheard from Armaan's phone when he was drunk-

"Armaan can I tell you something? From last two weeks I am only thinking of you and our time, which we spend together. Remember our football match, Ruhi had recorded it, I see two times in a day. You know you have a very beautiful smile. You always keep smiling please. I like your smiles and Armaan, I like you too, no no I love you."