Chapter Nineteen

Kavya's Room, Armaan's Mansion

Ruhi strokes Kavya's hair as she lies on the bed with her head resting on Ruhi's lap. Kavya's eyes are shut, and she is holding Ruhi's free hand in a strong grip.

The girls came in Kavya's room with Ruhi's luggage and decided to rest for some time. The meeting with the NGO Manager for completing the transfer formalities is scheduled for evening, so they had free time.

Kavya speaks, breaking the silence in the air, "I don't know, how to thank you, Ruhi. Till morning I thought, I can manage alone, but now I realise, I needed someone."

Ruhi continues to stroke her hair and replies, "I can relate to this feeling, Kavya. After my parents death, even I thought I can manage alone. But whenever you, Myra or your parents did anything for me, it made me realise, I craved for that attention and care."

Kavya opens her eyes and faces Ruhi with a smile who continues, "Ranveer Uncle's weekly calls to ask whether I need something. Nimrit Aunty's frequent invitation to teach me cooking and other household activities. Then their invitations on every festival and occasions at your place."

Kavya caresses Ruhi's hand as she continues, "And how can I forget, Nimrit Aunty took me to shopping for each occasion, festivals and recently your wedding function. My clothes and accessories were same as your and Myra's. They made sure, I don't feel lonely or orphan in any phase of my life. I may not admit, but your parents had practically adopted me and treated as their daughter."

Kavya clarifies, "You denied to be adopted by them, but they see you as their daughter since 16 years. Even Myra sees you as an elder sister. We love you Ruhi and that's why we do anything and everything for your happiness."

Ruhi smiles and Kavya frowns before voicing her concern, "But Ruhi, shifting here isn't easy. Where will you stay? Renting an apartment in Mumbai is expensive and I can't even ask you to stay here with me."

Ruhi assures with a smile, "I know Kavu, that's why I am not renting an apartment, I am purchasing one."

Kavya asks in confusion, "Purchasing? How?"

Ruhi clarifies, "I sold my Delhi home to the real estate agent and instead of giving money, he is finding an apartment of similar value here."

Kavya sits up in shock and questions, "You sold your Delhi home? But you purchased it, using the insurance claim money of your parent's car accident."

Ruhi replies with a smile, "Yes, I remember how Ranveer Uncle helped in taking that money from my cruel relatives, then invested in some reliable investment plans, where I got good bonus on them. And after graduation when I decided to live on my own, instead of staying in a hostel. Uncle helped me in purchasing an apartment in Delhi with that money."

Kavya demands, "Then why did you sell it? You know, I will divorce Armaan after Myra's marriage and return to Delhi. I am not permanently staying here."

Ruhi holds her hand and explains, "I know sweety, but I had other concerns in my mind, which made me take this step."

Kavya enquires, "What concerns?"

Ruhi replies, "Have you realised what will be our salary in the NGO? Earlier we had Ranveer Uncle to support our financial expenses and I never worried for travelling because you had a car. Plus, whenever NGO has delayed to pay our salary, Ranveer Uncle had transferred money in my account for my expenses."

Ruhi's words make Kavya think, regarding the financial issues she will face by not depending on Armaan and only replying on NGO's salary, which will not be sufficient.