Chapter Sixty

Next Morning

Armaan's Room, Armaan's Mansion

At 7 am, Armaan turns around on the bed to lay on his stomach with his closed eyes. He moves his hand on the empty side of the bed in search of Kavya.

He frowns when he doesn't find her, however soon his frown converts into a lazy smile as his hand lands on something.

Armaan opens his eyes and finds a few bangles of Kavya, scattered on the bed. Bringing them closer, he traces the outline of the bangles, remembering the events of last night.

He turns around to lay on his back, while picking a few bangles and kisses them before murmuring, "Where are you, Kavya....no Angel."

Armaan smiles to himself and sits up, while looking around for his wife, but fails to find her in the room.

Shifting towards the edge of the bed, he stands up and drops the bangles on the bed. He moves towards the washroom, assuming her to be inside and knocks on the door.

He calls for her, "Angel? Are you inside?"

Not receiving any response, Armaan knocks once again and attempts to open the door to find it unlocked. He peeps inside and finds the washroom empty.

He murmurs with a frown, "She is not even here."

Armaan steps out of the washroom, then exits the room to search for Kavya.

Kitchen

Armaan enters the kitchen, while searching for Kavya and finds Mary, sitting on the kitchen stool and writing something on a notepad.

She stands as he walks closer and greets, "Good morning."

Armaan responds, "Morning Mary, did you see Ang....Kavya?"

Mary informs, "No, I haven't met her since morning."

He murmurs with a frown, "Then where did she go?"

Mary's eyes land on Armaan's neck, which has traces of vermilion powder and she walks closer with an amused smile, lacing her lips.

She touches his neck and asks, "Am I really seeing this or am I daydreaming?"

Armaan frowns and Mary swipes her finger to get a tint of vermilion powder on her finger to show him.

His eyes widen in horror​ and he shifts his gaze away, pinching the bridge of his nose.

Mary giggles, turning his face by holding his chin to meet her joyful eyes and confesses, "I am so happy for you two."

He lowers his gaze, releasing his chin from her grip and pinches his nose again, while explaining, "You are assuming it wrong, nothing happened between us."

Mary teases him, "Of course nothing happened. The vermilion powder locked in her dressing table, which Kavya is supposed to apply on her forehead, just came flying on your neck."

She giggles again, watching him embarrassed and states cheerfully, "Go find your wife, she might be waiting for you upstairs."

Armaan doesn't waste a second and walks out straight, not courageous enough to stay and listen to Mary's teasing words.

While she stops giggling and prays in whisper, "I hope, they stay happy now."

She resumes her work of writing the shopping list for grocery with a huge smile, lacing her lips.