Chapter Fifteen

Armaan's Private Plane

Armaan's plane takes off from Delhi Airport and the pilot announces they will arrive Mumbai in 2 hours.

Armaan and Kavya have taken their seat on the single luxurious chair at the sides with a walking passage in-between them.

They unfastened their seat belts after hearing the proclamation and Armaan leans back comfortably in his chair. He closes his eyes to relax and remembers the day spent with the Kapoor family.

His lips curl up to a smile as he recalls Ranveer's silly stunt of secretly adding chilli sauce in Nimrit's food. But at the same time, Nimrit added honey in Ranveer's food.

Their weird faces after tasting the food made the dining room echo with Kavya, Myra and Armaan's giggles. They had witnessed addition of the secret ingredients, yet remained quiet and enjoy the show.

He remains in his memory lane, cherishing the happy moments.

While on the other hand, Kavya gazes the night-time beauty of the Delhi city through the windowpane.

Her eyes moisten, absorbing the last memory of her city, where she was born and brought up. She leans in her seat and recalls the time she has spent with her family and friends.

In the whole journey, Kavya and Armaan remain in their own thoughts as the plane nears Mumbai.

Mumbai Airport

Armaan's plane lands at the Mumbai airport and they proceed towards the exit.

Armaan locates Rihan and finds a bouquet of white orchids in his hand. He guides Kavya in the direction, who walks in silence.

Rihan wishes Armaan after they reach him, "Congratulations for the marriage."

Armaan nods in response then Rihan faces Kavya, who is standing beside her husband.

Rihan wishes her as well, "Congratulations for the marriage, Mrs. Raichand."

Kavya smiles at him, then faces Armaan, who he takes the cue of introducing them, "Kavya, he is Rihan, my PA and friend."

Rihan adds with a grin, "Only friend, to be precise."

Kavya smiles and Armaan adds, "Plus, the only person, I trust in both my professional and personal life."

Kavya smiles at Armaan, who smiles back at her and Rihan raise his eyebrows in amusement.

Rihan thinks, 'Wow. The arrogant is smiling. That's amazing!'

Kavya turns to face Rihan, and he offers the bouquet which she accepts with a smile and "Thank you."

Rihan states, gesturing Kavya towards the parking zone, "Welcome to Mumbai, Mrs. Raichand."

Kavya corrects him, "Kavya."

Rihan frowns and she states, "Call me Kavya, one shouldn't be formal or use surnames to interact with their friend's family."

Armaan freezes at his spot, hearing her words and turns to face his wife, who is smiling at Rihan.

The realisation of learning, she is a part of his family now, brings back the guilt and discomforting feeling in his senses. He has been planning to confess the truth now, but her attempts to make a place in his life is making him rethink.

But he can't continue the false act anymore and pushes away his thoughts. He needs freedom from this marriage, which is only possible when Kavya knows the truth.