Chapter Fourty Six

Next Morning

Graveyard

A lone tear escapes Kavya's eye as Riya's body is bought from the ambulance to bury in the graveyard.

She feels an arm, wrapping around her shoulder and turns to face Armaan, who gives her a reassuring nod.

She whispers, "Thank you."

He shakes his head and states, "She deserved a proper funeral."

Kavya argues in a defeated tone, "She deserved to live a happy life."

Armaan rubs her shoulder and consoles her, "I know, but we cannot change the past, Kavya. This is the least, we can give her and Geetika."

She nods and turns to find Geetika and her parents with Vikas, Ruhi, Mary, Rihan and Max arrived for the funeral. She nods at them with gratitude and keeps her gaze fixed on Geetika.

Kavya whispers, "Thanks for helping her as well."

He just rubs her shoulder in response and they turn to see Riya's body being placed in a coffin.

Armaan knew Riya is Hindu, still he organised a burial and not cremation. He wasn't sure, Kavya can manage to see Riya's dead body burning as per Hindu traditions. He feared to have a repetition of that evening.

So, he took Mary's help and organised a burial through the Church's Father, she visits. It was a safe option, keeping Kavya's emotions in check and even providing Riya, a proper funeral.

Soon the Father starts the burial ceremony and Kavya watches with teary eyes. Armaan caresses her shoulder to offer comfort and she involuntarily leans her head against his chest, remembering her last chat with Riya.

On the other hand, Ruhi feels uncomfortable with the ceremony. Though she arrived for Kavya and to pray for Riya's soul to rest in peace. The memories of her parents' death clouds her mind.

She glances at Kavya, who is silently crying in Armaan's arms and decides to wait outside as her friend is in safe hands.

Ruhi turns to leave, catching Rihan's attention, who is standing with Max and Mary.

He frowns, while thinking, 'Where is she going?'

Rihan decides to follow her and exits the graveyard.

He finds Ruhi, leaning against Armaan's car and walks towards her, reading a painful expression on her face with a few tears in her eyes.

He calls her name in a soft tone, "Ruhi?"

She wipes her tears hurriedly, not willing to express her emotions to anyone and faces him with a fake smile to ask, "Yes?"

Rihan frowns at her fake smile and enquires, "What are you doing here?"

Ruhi shakes her head and takes a minute to come up with an excuse, "Nothing....just standing here and enjoying the weather."

He raises his eyebrows in amusement for the silly excuse, but soon realises she lost her parents in an accident and the funeral might be discomforting for her.