Chapter Thirty Six

Next Day

Ruhi's Apartment

Kavya and Ruhi enter the apartment after completing their NGO duties. Ruhi rushes to her room to change for the DID batch, making Kavya sit on the couch with a sigh.

Since last night, Ruhi has been annoyed with Kavya's decisions.

First, she agreed to accompany Armaan for the contract signing and the party.

Second, she apologised to Max in the morning for the punch, the other day and explained to him, she was too angry to realise her actions.

Third, she accepted Max's offer to become her driver again, even though he is a bodyguard and Armaan's most trusted man.

Ruhi hardly spoke a word or two in response to her statement or question, expressing her disappoint in Kavya's leniency towards Armaan.

But she knew, Ruhi is more concerned than angry, she has witnessed her pain, struggles and moreover, she has seen her falling in love with Armaan, who only played with her emotions for his selfish benefits.

Yet she agreed to accompany him, stand by him when he signs the contract and celebrate his success.

Kavya even failed to understand, why her feelings were still so strong for Armaan after what he has done with her.

Her chain of thoughts come to an abrupt halt, when Ruhi marches towards the kitchen from her bedroom and Kavya stands to follow her.

But Ruhi moves past her to walk away, only to be stopped by Kavya, who blocks her way and states, "I know, you are angry, Ruhi. But please-"

Ruhi interrupts with a glare, "Oh! You realised that I am angry. I thought, you were only concerned for someone specific."

Kavya sighs and grabs Ruhi's hand to drag her back to the living room. They settle on the couch and Ruhi tries to release her hand, but Kavya tightens her grip, not letting her hand go.

Kavya explains, "Ruhi, I-"

Ruhi interrupts again, "I what Kavy? I understand, the reason to accept the car and take his help for the school and hospital. I can even understand, why you apologised to Max. But what is the need to accompany him?"

Kavya lowers her gaze, making Ruhi further furious and demand, "Are you falling for him again?"

Kavya shakes her head in negative without making an eye contact. So, Ruhi grips her chin, making their gaze to meet forcefully.

Ruhi speaks with anger, lacing her voice, "Kavy, I know you and I can sense, what is running in your mind and heart. But-"

She takes a deep breath, controlling her anger and continues with calmer tone, "I will neither stop you nor judge you. I will support you as always, only take care of one thing."

Kavya continues to stare at Ruhi as she continues, "Don't be so broken in the end that even I fail to help you."

Ruhi stands to walk back to the kitchen without giving Kavya a chance to react over her words.

Lawn, Armaan's Mansion

Post dinner, Kavya enters the lawn to sit on the grass, allowing the mild breeze to calm the havoc in her senses.

Though it didn't help much as Ruhi's words kept haunting her mind -

"Kavy, I know you and I can sense, what is running in your mind and heart. But I will neither stop you nor judge you. I will support you as always, only take care of one thing. Don't be so broken in the end, that even I fail to help you."