Chapter Seventeen

Raichand Mansion, Delhi

Yash and Sonia's Room

Yash is sitting in his armchair and reading the business magazine when his phone rings. He places the magazine aside and grabs his phone to answer the call.

Hearing the news, Yash gets to his feet and demands in shock, "What? Armaan left for LA in the morning? Are you sure?"

He disconnects the call after getting the confirmation and sits back in his chair. He sighs and rubs his temples to ease the stress lines.

Though a familiar voice doesn't allow him to relax, "So, Armaan left Kavya alone within two days."

He turns to find Sonia, standing near the door of their room with disappointing clear in her eyes. She walks closer and Yash lowers his gaze while playing with his phone edges.

Sonia asks in a fake polite tone, "Mr. Raichand, your son left his newly wedded wife alone at his Mansion within two days of their marriage. Where did your expert planning fail?"

Yash keeps his gaze lowered and explains, "Sonia, I didn't expect him to-"

Sonia cuts him off by accusing, "Expect? How can you expect when you know your son's nature? How do you expect after knowing he has lost faith in relationships long back?"

Yash stands to face his wife and retorts, "I was trying to change my son, damn it. I was trying to convert the loneliness in Armaan's life into happiness."  

Sonia demands in response, "So, it got converted? You succeeded in changing your son."

Yash lowers his gaze, unable to respond, and Sonia accuses, "You ruined an innocent life, Yash. I told you, Armaan is unable to give time to Kavya, so postpone the marriage, a few weeks will not harm."

He faces her, and she continues, "I told you, if you want this marriage to work, then it is compulsory to develop concern for Kavya in Armaan's heart. He should understand the meaning of marriage and a life partner. But you were stubborn at your place and allowed this marriage to happen."

He argues, "I was not stubborn, Sonia. I believe, one day everything will be fine. Kavya isn't a random choice, I have spent three months in thinking before taking this decision."

Sonia stares at him in disbelief, "You believe, one day everything will be fine? Yash, you have practically punished Kavya for our mistakes made in the past. We made Armaan arrogant, not Kavya."

She moves away and states, "I will never forgive myself for agreeing with you at the first place. No one deserves to be used in this way, Kavya will suffer for our wrong deeds."

Yash moves closer and places his hands over her shoulders before explaining, "Sonia, I know you are angry because I didn't listen to you and I understand your concern for Kavya. But believe me, everything will be fine one day. Kavya and Armaan will live a happy married life. It's just the matter of time."

Sonia stares at her husband in disbelief and shrugs away his hands from her shoulder. She turns to walk away, ignoring her husband's pleas to believe in him.

Armaan's Mansion, Mumbai

At 8:30 pm, Kavya enters the dining room, wearing a designer black sari. Her hairs are open, and she is wearing diamond jewellery along with her Mangalsutra.

Kavya finds Mary, arranging the food bowl and plates systematically over the table. She walks closer, grabbing her attention and Mary gazes her attire.

Mary compliments with a smile, "You look gorgeous, Mrs. Raichand."