Chapter Thirty One

Armaan's Cabin, RGC Office

Rihan comments with an amused chuckle, "Wow!"

Armaan leans back in his chair and stares at the ceiling. He just shared Kavya's words with Rihan, which she said on the engagement night to provide him comfort on losing the project.

Armaan voices his doubt, "Rihan, I don't understand how she believed in me? We had barely spent time together, in which, all I did was trick her to marry me."

Rihan rolls his eyes, hearing his arrogant friend's blunt confession, but stays quiet and doesn't interrupt.

Armaan continues with a frown, "And about my work, I had discussed for merely 7-10 minutes. Then what gave her the confidence to believe in me and my work?"

Rihan smiles to himself and thinks, 'Because she loves you, Idiot.'

But doesn't say the same out loud and observes Armaan, who is rubbing his temples to get rid of the stress lines.

Armaan continues to stare at the ceiling and states, "I don't understand, what I should do further? How to approach Kavya for forgiveness and work on the mistakes, I have committed."

Rihan leans against the wall and silently observes his friend, who is behaving different lately.

The Armaan, he knew, has the capabilities to take over this situation and force his decisions on Kavya. He believed, if Armaan determines, then nothing and no-one can stop him

But seeing him guilty, helpless and scared, somewhere makes Rihan happy. His wait to find true emotions in his arrogant friend has finally come to an end.

Rihan's chain of thoughts came to an abrupt halt, when Armaan sighs in helplessness and states, "Kavya is so unpredictable and different from the time I met her in Delhi. I mean, she wasn't this rigid and angry there. Sometimes, I feel she is a complete stranger."

Rihan chuckles and responds bluntly, "That's because she wasn't disowned by a family member after being used."

His words hit Armaan's heart as poisonous arrows, but he knew, Rihan is speaking the truth. Who wouldn't react after being used and disowned by her husband, her family?

Rihan continues, grabbing his attention, "So, it's not her fault, Armaan. You were so blind with your selfish benefits, that you never noticed any of her qualities."

Armaan shifts his gaze to Rihan, who accuses him with a glare, "During your meetings, you met Kavya with the intention to trick her to marry you. You only thought of yourself."

Rihan knew, he is crossing the limits, but he needed Armaan to realise his mistakes, where he was wrong and how he ruined an innocent life.

So, he continues, "Did you ever attempted to know who Kavya is? What are her likes and dislikes? What are her aims and ambitions? What does she expects from you? In fact, what she herself shared, half of that, you don't even remember because you were uninterested in her."

Armaan lowers his gaze, feeling guilty for using her as a medium for keeping his rights safe in the company.

Rihan answers for Armaan, "No you didn't bothered for anything Armaan, because for you RGC is everything, even above the life of an innocent girl. Whereas Kavya-

He moves closer and continues, "She met you with the intention of spending the rest of her life with you. She wanted to know you, understand your way of living and accept everything which relates to you. She didn't keep any personal benefit, Armaan, in fact, she kept mutual benefits, so you both could share a healthy bond and that's the reason my friend, she believed in you."