Chapter Twenty Four

Armaan's Cabin, RGC Office

At 7 am, a sleepy Rihan enters the cabin with files in hand and whines, "My official working hours starts at 9 am and yesterday, you have ruined my Sunday as well. If you keep overloading me with work, then I will resign."

Armaan glares at him, while sitting on his director's chair and demands, "Who was sleeping the entire time on the flight from LA to India and snoring at the loudest, which didn't allow the other person to get an ounce of sleep?"

Rihan smiles sheepishly and justifies, "I was exhausted during the trip and had merely got 5 hours of sleep each night."

Armaan keeps glaring and demands, "So, you slept enough during the flight for relaxing. Plus, I am sure, your mother would have given you a good head massage last evening after you reached home from work. Then she might have even allowed you to sleep early as her poor son was tired?"

Rihan smiles in embarrassment as Armaan knew how his mother pampered him as a kid after every business trip.

His reaction makes Armaan roll his eyes and he forwards his hand to take the file. But Rihan doesn't give as he notices Armaan's disturbed eyes. He keeps the file on the execute chair, before taking other chair besides to sit.

Rihan asks with concern, "Are you alright? You seem tired and even disturbed."

Armaan shakes his hand, pinching the bridge of his nose and states, "I am just tired, didn't sleep well from last 2 nights."

Rihan voices his doubt with a frown, "Day before yesterday, I ruined your sleep with my snores. But why didn't you rest well last night?"

Armaan sighs in frustration and opens his mouth to speak, only to stop, hearing Rihan's teasing words, "Oh! Someone was catching up with his lovely wife last night. Was it romantic?"

Armaan rolls his eyes and barks, "Shut up and don't even take her name, she..."

He trails off, standing to his feet and walking towards the floor length window to glance outside.

Rihan asks with a frown, "What happened, Armaan?"

Armaan sighs again in frustration and informs, "I slept nearly by 2 and from 5 am, there were sounds, coming from outside my room. But I couldn't know the source because whenever I went to check, it died. I doubt if any of the servants will dare to do so."

Rihan chuckles silently and thinks, 'Who is a fool to risk their life by playing around a sleeping wolf?'

While Armaan continues, "There was just me and Kavya on the floor. So, I am sure, she was-"

Rihan interrupts, while standing to approach him, "Hang on Armaan. You cannot accuse Kavya for something so childish. She is a mature woman and not some teen, who will make sounds at 5 am. Plus, why will she wake up at 5 am!"

Armaan remembers his encounter with Kavya about an hour back and informs, "Because she had to go somewhere at 6 am."

Rihan frowns and asks, "What?"

Armaan clarifies with a nod, "She was dressed up well and left the Mansion at 6 am. I asked, but she said, it's none of my business."

Rihan exhales and shakes his head, before asking, "So, there is still no communication between the two of you?"

Armaan shakes his head and inform, "Even yesterday night she came back, before I returned to the Mansion, had dinner and slept."