Chapter Fourteen

Outside Armaan's Room

Armaan is being escorted by his cousins towards his room though they halt near the door and didn't allow him to enter. They forward their empty hands after facing Armaan and he glances at them in confusion.

He asks, "What?"

Nirav, Armaan's cousin responds, "What do you mean by WHAT? We need our nek (prize), only then you are allowed to enter your room."

Armaan retorts, "Why should I give you nek for entering my own room?"

Payal inches closer and explains, "Because it is our right, so fill our empty hands or else, spent the entire night in the lawn with mosquitoes."

Armaan glares at her and opens his mouth to respond, but Sonia arrives, while announcing, "Your neks are here kids, come here."

Sonia gives an envelope of cash to each cousin and they clear the way to Armaan's room. Armaan raises his eyebrows at his mother, who only shrugs in response.

Nirav walks closer and whispers in Armaan's ear, "Have fun, but don't be loud, we are tired and need good sleep."

Armaan frowns in confusion and Payal along with two more cousins push Armaan towards his room. Then everyone leave while laughing or giggling hilariously and he rolls his eyes in annoyance.

Sonia smiles and turns to leave as Armaan twist the knob of the door to enter.

Armaan's Room

Armaan frowns in confusion to find the room decorated. There are red round shaped scented candles placed at the border of the room with red rose petals scattered on the floor and bed. A sweet, soothing fragrance is lingering in the air, creating a relaxed atmosphere.

Although he soon realises the reason for the decoration and even understands the meaning of Nirav's words and Payal's surprise.

Armaan stares at everything in shock and thinks, 'Damn. I didn't even realise this.'

He glances around and finds Kavya standing near the way, which has his awards in display. Her back is facing him, so she remains oblivious to his presence and watches his achievement with a smile.

Armaan uses this time to find an escape from this situation.

He thinks, 'I cannot confess the truth now, it will be better to confess in Mumbai, so we can discuss without disturbance and take a decision.'

Armaan nods to himself in approval and makes his way towards Kavya. He clears his throat to gain her attention, and she turns around to face him.

Kavya wishes with a smile, "Congratulations for the achievements."

Armaan smiles, while taking a glimpse of his awards and responds after meeting her gaze, "Thank you."

They stand in awkward silence as Armaan plans an escape from this situation. While, Kavya lowers her gaze in shyness and takes a step closer, making him frown in confusion.

He watches keenly as she continues to reduce the distance between them. Then wraps her arms around his waist and places her head on his chest.

Armaan freezes in shock, realising Kavya has hugged him and fails to understand, how to react.

However, he decides to reciprocate, so no doubt develops in her mind now. He lifts his arms and hesitates, before wrapping them around her shoulders, completing the hug.

Kavya closes her eyes and confesses with a smile, "I missed you Armaan."

Her words brings back guilt in Armaan's eyes, as he senses the emotions hidden in her confession. He again fails to understand, how to react and debates with himself to wait or tell the truth now.