Chapter Fifty Five

Early Morning

Rihan's Cabin, RGC Office

At 6 am, Armaan enters the cabin, seeing the lights switched on and finds Rihan working on his laptop.

They face each other and frown, while demanding together, "What are you doing in the office at this hour?"

Armaan walks closer, while Rihan stands at his spot and demands again, "What are you doing here at this hour?"

Rihan faces him and thinks before telling a lie, "I was just finishing some pending work."

Armaan raises his eyebrows and challenges confidently, "You and pending work? Seriously?"

Rihan lowers his gaze and Armaan sighs, while asking, "Rihan, tell me, what is the matter?"

Rihan faces him and confesses after a sigh, "I had some plans for tonight for which I need to leave early, so came to work now."

Armaan smiles with amusement and recalls something before asking, "And those plans are not with your mother. Correct?"

Rihan answers with a positive nod in response and Armaan asks with a smirks, "Ruhi?"

Rihan's eyes widens and he demands instantly, "How did you know?"

Armaan answers after a chuckle, "Max informed, you asked for her address and I don't remember, asking you to visit her. I even noticed, how you look at her and keep chatting without a reason. Plus, the way, you were hesitating to attack her during the practice, then stared at her when she was laughing. So, I made a wild guess now and it hit the bull's eye."

Rihan mentally slaps his forehead to fall in the Arrogant's trap.

Armaan walks closer and states after placing his hand over Rihan's shoulder, "You should have asked me, Rihan, I would have given you a day's leave or maybe two. You are not just my employee, you are my friend, my family."

Rihan smiles and denies, "I know, but a leave is not needed. I will complete the work by evening."

Armaan orders in his usual bossy tone, "No, you are taking a leave and planning a good evening with Ruhi. Even my best friend deserves to be happy and enjoy his life."

Rihan smiles at his words and nods in positive, accepting his order, while Armaan appreciates truthfully, "By the way, Ruhi is a good choice."

Rihan smiles again and Armaan turns to leave, only to be stopped by Rihan, who holds his hand.

He demands, "Now you tell me, what is the matter? What are you doing in the office at this hour?"

Armaan lowers his gaze, remembering the dream at midnight and later, how he couldn't sleep, so decided to come at office and distract himself with work.

Rihan frowns as his friend drowns in deep thoughts and clicks his finger in front of his eyes to grab his attention. He raises his eyebrows in demanding manner, once their gaze met.

Armaan informs with a sigh, "I was unable to sleep, so thought to come and work."

Rihan asks with concern, "Problems with Kavya?"

Armaan thinks, 'I wish, I could say the truth.'

Instead he answers, "No, she was at Ruhi's place last night. So, there was no scope for any problem."