Chapter Fifty Eight

Next Morning

Kitchen, Armaan's Mansion

Kavya enters the kitchen, 30 minutes earlier than her usual time to cook breakfast and finds Mary sitting idle on the kitchen stool.

She greets her with a smile, "Good Morning, Armaan's new Personal Chef Kavya."

Kavya lowers her gaze in sadness and places her handbag with phone on the table. While Mary stands to walk towards her and takes Kavya's hand in her to give it a gentle squeeze.

Mary asks, "Can I say something?"

Kavya nods in response and Mary assures, "Don't worry, I won't blame or accuse you for yesterday because I understand your point of view."

Kavya faces her with a small smile and Mary informs strictly, "But that doesn't mean, I don't understand or agree with Armaan's opinion. He has every right to be angry with you."

Kavya murmurs with a nod, "I know."

Mary clarifies, "And what you have done yesterday has certainly hurt him."

Kavya lowers her gaze in guilt and Mary requests, "Kavya, I know, you have suffered, but now I want you to forget the past. So, you can understand, your and Armaan's changing relationship, along with his growing expectations from you."

Kavya faces her with a frown and Mary explains, "When a person makes efforts for someone or enters someone's life, then exceptions are bound to develop. I am sure, when you had agreed to marry Armaan, you had started expecting certain things from him. Right?"

She nods positively and Mary continues, "Similarly he has started expecting from you after he had worked on fixing the damages in your marriage."

Kavya lowers her gaze, though Mary lifts her face by holding her chin to maintain the eye-contact and informs, "But you have disappointed me with this stunt, Kavya. Armaan was working day and night to seek forgiveness and make you happy. He was struggling to cope up with your expectations, he did everything you liked, he mingled with you family, still you dragged that stupid agreement between you and him. What were you thinking?"

Kavya apologises in a low voice, "I know, I have committed a huge mistake, Mary and I am sorry to disappoint you as well. But-"

She turns around after releasing her hand from Mary's grip and continues, "You have seen how everything has changed drastically in a short span of time. I know, he is genuinely trying and I appreciate his efforts. But I just need some time to become his wife again."

Mary walks closer to face her and explains, "I can understand, Kavya, your parents have raised you to secure your dignity and self-respect first in any situation. So, I know, why you had started paying for everything. But, you are developing importance in his life now. He has accepted you as his wife and wants you to accept him."

Mary gives her shoulder an assuring squeeze and explains, "So, start trusting him. He has made enough efforts for you to start relying on him and stop these formal arrangements."

Kavya nods in understanding, while lowering her gaze and Mary cups her face with other hand, before requesting, "Think about it."

Mary withdraws her hands and moves out of the kitchen, allowing Kavya to think and make a wise decision.

However, the time didn't permit her to think now, as she had to make breakfast for her angry husband. So, she walks towards the gas stove and grabs some ingredients to cook.