Chapter Fourty One

Kavya's Car

Max halts the car outside the gate of a tall residential building and reads the piece of paper to confirm the building name. Once positive, he drives the car inside and halts at the entrance of the building.

Max steps out of the car and moves at the backside to open the door for Kavya, while informing, "We have reached the destination, Ma'am."

However she doesn't step out of the car, making Max frown in confusion. He bends to check on Kavya and his eyes widens, finding tears in her eyes.

Max asks with concern, "Ma'am? Kavya Ma'am, are you okay?"

She doesn't respond and tears keep rolling down her cheeks. Max hesitates before touching her shoulder and gives it a gentle shake to break her trance.

Kavya leans away, because of the sudden touch and finds Max, staring at her with concern.

He asks, "Ma'am, are you okay? Should I call Armaan Sir?"

Kavya glances around, inspecting her surrounding and wipes her tears. Max grabs some tissue papers and water from the front seat and hands to Kavya. She accepts and takes a sip of the cold water to calm herself.

Max asks again, "Ma'am, should I call Armaan Sir?"

Kavya shakes her head and tells a lie, "No...I...I am fine...I just remembered something....I am fine."

He nods and helps her with more tissue to wipe away all the tears from her cheeks. He takes the file and black handbag from Kavya's hold, as she moves to step out of the car.

Max requests, "Allow me to accompany you."

Kavya denies at first, but agrees after Max's further insist. They make their way towards the staircase to climb to the third floor.

Varun's Home

Once they reached on the third floor, Kavya frowns finding many people, dressed in heavy outfit and jewellery. Kavya moves closer and finds a newly wedded bride and groom at the doorstep of a house, showing their back to her.

Kavya ignores everything and takes the file from Max to focus on her work. She checks Varun's house number and starts searching for house number 13.

Her heart skips a beat, learning the house number 13 is same, where the newly wedded couple are performing grah pravesh ritual.

She murmurs, "No....this can't happen."

Kavya moves her head at the left side to see their faces, but fails. She finds two elderly ladies, watching the ritual from a distance and moves towards them. Whereas Max stands near the staircase, being clueless.

She demands from the ladies, "Who....who is the groom?"

One of the lady answers, "Varun Tiwari."

Kavya covers her mouth with her hand in shock, as her assumption turned into a harsh reality.

She came here with a hope to convince Varun and reunite the couple. But he already took an extreme step, closing every way for Riya to re-enter his life.

The other lady continues, "He is such a great man, but fate ditched him. His first wife ran away with someone, after leaving divorce papers behind and now his second wife is deaf."

Kavya frowns at the false information and asks, "First wife ran away with someone after leaving divorce papers behind. You mean Riya?"

The ladies nods and Kavya turns towards the couple in anger. She lifts her leg to move, only to stop when she finds hearing-aids in the bride's ears, as now she has turned to her side to touch her elder's feet.