Chapter Twenty Two

1 pm, India

Helping Hand NGO

Kavya and Ruhi were moving towards the dining room to volunteer for lunch, when they halt, hearing an argument.

They find the NGO Manager, Mr. Vikas Mehra is arguing with a Lawyer. They face each other with a suspicious look and wait to know what is happening.

The Manager argues, "That land was provided to us for building a school. We will not give it to your client for making a hotel."

The Lawyer informs, "Mr. Mehra, don't force me to take an extreme step. My client is paying you a good value for leaving that land."

Vikas retorts, "No, I will not compromise with the rights of the poor kids. The land is provided for building a school for free education and I will not allow anyone to use it for commercial purpose."

The lawyer rolls his eyes and threatens in a calm tone, "Alright, I offered you money, but you refused. Now, I will make sure, you can't even place a brick on that land. Have a good day."

The lawyer doesn't wait for a response and turns to walk towards his luxurious car. He sits in the back seat and orders the driver to drive.

Vikas turns to enter his office, fuming in anger. While Kavya and Ruhi stand at their spot.

Kavya faces Ruhi and suggests, "I think we should help."

Ruhi asks, "But how? Now we can't take Ranveer Uncle's help as we did earlier."

Kavya assures, "I will figure out something. Come."

Vikas's Office

Vikas is busy reading the documents of the land when he hears the knock on the door. He permits the person to enter, while continuing his work. The door opens, revealing Kavya and Ruhi enter, and make their way towards his desk.

Vikas faces them and asks, "How can I help you ladies?"

Kavya offers, "Actually, we are here to help you."

Vikas frowns in confusion and Ruhi informs, "We heard your conversation with the lawyer."

Vikas sighs and informs while continuing the work, "You can't help ladies, those are rich people, who only think about their money and profits."

Ruhi throws a teasing wink to Kavya at the mention of rich people and giggles in silence.

Kavya glares at her, before moving closer and offers, "I can really help, please give us a chance."

Ruhi composes herself and requests, "Yes Sir, we won't disappoint you."

Kavya reads the doubt in Vikas's eyes and informs, "I have contacts with high profile lawyers and trust me, this will help to keep the land safe."

Vikas thinks for a moment and agrees to hand over the responsibility of the land to them. He provides the documents of the land and the agreement, which mentions the land is provided to the NGO for building school for free education.

Ruhi and Kavya collect every information they need and assure to handle the matter.

Terrace

Ruhi and Kavya arrive at the terrace with the land documents. They settle on a bench and send the pictures of the documents to Kavya's family friend Ashwini, who is an advocate in Delhi.