Chapter Sixteen

Midnight

Armaan's Room, Armaan's Mansion

Armaan punches his bedroom wall furiously and roars, giving a hard punch to the wall.

But Kavya's words still echo in his ears-

"Yes, you are at fault....In fact, you are the only person to be blamed.....You only thought yourself, your rights, your company, your ambitions and destroyed my life. You are worse than your father."

Armaan closes his eyes, halting for a moment to get a grip on his anger, but Kavya's acidic words keep burning in his ears -

"Mr. Armaan Raichand you are the most selfish person, I have ever met in my life....You spoiled my life.....Armaan Raichand is a coward.....You surrendered because you were incompetent to work individually, because you have no self-respect to walk out for justice."

Armaan opens his eyes, and he again punches the wall as her words clouds his mind-

"So it is proven, today you are the successful business tycoon Armaan Raichand because of your father's well established business....That makes your awards, achievement and appreciation in the corporate world fake.....Sane as you....fake and illuminated."

Armaan keeps punching the wall to calm his anger, only to sense them growing with passing second.

Blood oozes out of his knuckles, yet it didn't stop him and he keeps removing his anger on the wall.

Armaan's phone rings, grabbing his attention, and he pulls out of his pant pocket to answer. He listens to the caller with a frown.

But soon his frown disappears and his lips curl up to a smile after he listens to the person. He disconnects the call and dials another number with the smile, still lacing on his lips.

Bedroom, Rihan's Penthouse

The phone's ringtone interrupts Rihan's deep slumber, and he groans while stretching his arm to reach for his phone, placed over the bedside table. Rihan answers the call and turning on the loudspeaker.

He speaks in a sleepy voice with his closed eyes, "Hello."

Rihan hears Armaan's orders, "Rihan, I want you to reach at the office within 2 hours with your luggage."

Rihan's eyes snap open, and he demands in confusion, "Luggage?"

Armaan informs, "We are flying to Los Angeles at 11 am and before leaving, I want a briefing on the project. Even call Advocate Gaurav and ask him to reach office now, for discussing the legal matters."

Rihan sits up with a grin and appreciates, "Wow Armaan, you got the Los Angeles Company's project. Your efforts of the last three weeks didn't go waste. Now everything will go back to normal."

Armaan comments, "I know."

Rihan chuckles, sensing the arrogance in his tone and hears Armaan's next order, "Reach office as soon as you can with the luggage."

Before Rihan could give a reply, Armaan disconnected the call. Rihan shakes his head in disbelief and packs his suitcase.

Morning

Kavya's Room, Armaan's Mansion

The sun rays enter the room through the floor length window and falls on Kavya's face, waking her up.

She frowns, straightening up and attempts to understand her surroundings. Kavya realises, she is sitting on the floor and her head is resting on the edge of the bed.

Not A Damsel in DistressOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara