Chapter Twenty Three

Armaan's Mansion

Armaan stares at Kavya's back, holding her wrist in a firm grip and Kavya keeps her eyes close, trying to calm the havoc in her senses.

She fails to find the courage to turn around and face the man, who has hurt her beyond her handling capacity, who had abandoned her after getting his benefits and simultaneously killed her self-confidence.

But a part of her, forces to remain strong and not show her weakness to him. It urges her to remember, how her life has turned upside down and filled with struggles because of him.

So, taking a deep breath, Kavya composes herself and pushes away every feeling, which can make her weak.

She opens her eyes and stares ahead with confident eyes, while pulling her hand to release from Armaan's hold.

But he tightens his grip and demands, "Where are you going?"

She turns around gracefully to glare at him and retorts in a flat tone, "Why should I tell you?"

Armaan demands with authority, lacing in his tone, "Because I am asking, Kavya."

Rihan rolls his eyes in irritation with Armaan's arrogance and thinks, 'This man needs to change his talking styles ASAP.'

Mary shakes her head in disbelief and thinks, 'I knew, this will happen.'

His words make Kavya angry and she demands in a harsh tone, "Am I asking you, from where are you returning after so many days?"

Armaan opens his mouth to speak, but Kavya beats him by asking, "Then why are you asking me?"

Armaan is taken aback by her harsh response and change in behaviour. He fails to believe, she is the same Kavya, whom he met a few days back.

Kavya continues, "And now will you let go of my hand? I am getting late."

Armaan leaves Kavya's hand without uttering a word, making her hand fall on her side. She lowers her gaze, feeling disheartened, for not getting a reaction from him.

But she waves it off and turns around to leave, only to stop by Armaan's words, "When will you return?"

Kavya didn't turn to face him and just twists her neck at the right to answer, "That's none of your business."

Kavya starts walking towards the exit, causing the sound of her heels, to echo in the silent corridor.

Armaan keeps watching at her back till she disappears behind the main door, trying to understand the change in her behaviour.

While Rihan thinks, 'How did she turn into Armaan's mini version? And what happened to her calm and friendly nature?'

He knew only one person can clear his doubts, so he turns to face Mary, who has a blank look on her face.

Mary meets Rihan's gaze and reads the doubt in his eyes. But she shakes her head and lowers her gaze, surprising him.

She thinks, 'I am not telling the boys anything. I will not ditch Kavya.'

Mary informs Armaan, whose eyes are still glued by the main door, "Breakfast will be served on the dining table in 15 minutes."

Mary didn't wait for a response and turns to make her way towards the kitchen.

Ruhi's Apartment

Ruhi walks towards the main door of her apartment and opens it with a smile.