Chapter Fifty Four

Kavya's Room, Armaan's Mansion

Kavya fails to stop her tears as Armaan's harsh voice and furious eyes still clouds her mind. She wipes them with the back of her hand as she lays on her, curled in a ball on the bed with a duvet, covering her body.

She knew, Armaan is hurt and angry with his parents' deed, but didn't expect him to remove his anger on her in this way.

She understands, Sonia and Yash left him when he needed them the most. He longed for their attention, he craved for their love and he wished to have a family to rely on.

But they disappointed him and pushed him away.

Kavya understood everything, though the way he yelled at her had hurt her heart. After spending happy moments and progressing in their relationship, she assumed, he will be comfortable to talk regarding his parents with her.

But she was proven wrong.

Her chain of thoughts come to a halt with the sound of door opening and she closes her eyes, pretending to sleep as she knew, who has come.

The door opens, revealing a calm and guilty Armaan, who searches for his wife. He finds her on the bed and enters the room before making his way towards her.

He observes her eyes shut and cheeks wet with tears, causing him to think with regret, 'What have I done!'

Armaan kneels on the floor besides the bed and whispers, while reaching for her hand, "I know, you are not sleeping. Kavya, I am-"

Kavya orders in a croaky voice, "Go away."

She turns on the bed, making him face her back and pulls the duvet over her head.

Armaan sighs in defeat and stands to leave, giving her some time alone.

The door closing sound makes Kavya slide down the duvet from her face and stare at the closed door with a frown.

Armaan's Room

Armaan regrets his actions to yell at Kavya and thinks of a way to apologise in the morning when something hits his back.

He turns around and frowns to find an annoyed Kavya with tears in eyes, holding three cushions under her left arm and one gripping in her right hand.

He lowers his gaze to find a cushion, lying at his feet, while another cushion hits his chest and he faces his wife, who is ready to throw the third cushion.

Armaan asks, "What are you doing?"

Kavya glares at him and answers through gritted teeth, "Playing catch-catch, can't you see?"

He frowns in confusion and she throws the third cushion, while accusing, "How dare you leave my room?"

Before he can recover from the attack, Kavya throws the fourth cushion and accuses, "I was about to apologise for mentioning that topic, but you didn't even wait."

Armaan freezes at his spot, hearing her words and asks in surprise, "What?"

While she throws the last cushion at his chest before continuing, "I needed time because no one has ever talked with me in that tone. But you didn't give me time to apologise for hurting you. You impatient pig."

She searches for another cushions to throw, but finds none and yells at him, "Return me, my cushions."

Armaan fails to stop his lips from curling up into a smile and walks closer, while offering, "Your hands are capable of causing better damages than cushion."