Chapter Nine

Armaan's Car

Kavya glances at a fuming Armaan as he tightens his grip on the steering wheel and drives the car in a high speed. His eyebrows furrow with rage and lips continue to mutter curse words under his breath.

Kavya notices, Armaan is not following the traffic rules or caring for accidents with the sharp turns. His heated gaze stare straight in the distance as he keeps racing towards the Kapoor Mansion.

She recalls when Armaan got a call at the Farmhouse, his posture had tensed. After disconnecting the call, he announced, they need to leave as soon as possible.

Neither he gave her the reason for leaving, nor the time to react and exited the farmhouse. However, she followed him and the moment she sat inside the car, he drove off. 

Kavya senses his anger increasing with each passing second. It makes her wonder, who must have called him and what was the nature of the call. Her concern and worry for him needs to know, who 

Kavya's chain of thoughts halt when she hears Armaan's phone ringing. He answers the call and pressed his phone to his left ear.

He roars, "Did you find the culprit?"

Kavya stares at him with curious eyes and thinks, 'Why is he so angry? What has happened?'

Armaan yells on the phone, "I don't give a damn Rihan, I need the betrayer and I want MY project back."

He disconnects the call without waiting for a response from Rihan. He curses in a louder voice and throws the phone at the backseat, which startles Kavya.

She closes her eyes and takes a sharp breath, scared of Armaan's increasing anger, which grabs his attention. 

Armaan glances at her side to find her eyes closed and hands clenched together with fear on her face. He realizes his mistake of showing his anger in Kavya's presence. So, he reduces the car speed and takes a deep breath to control his anger.

Armaan takes a left turn to enter the gates of the Kapoor Mansion, causing her eyes to open. He continues to drive till the entrance and turns off the engine. He steps to walks towards Kavya's side and opens her door. 

She steps down with her gaze lowered and murmurs a faint "Thank you"  before making her way towards the main door. Armaan notices her fear is still present because she didn't spare him a glance.

After walking two steps Kavya stops when she feels a strong hand, holding her right hand from behind. She turns around to find Armaan's long fingers wrapped around her wrist. She shifts her gaze to his face and finds him already staring at her. However, this time she didn't find the anger, instead she notices guilt in them.

Armaan walks closer, while maintaining the eye-lock and apologises in a soft voice, "I am sorry, I didn't mean to scare you."

Kavya lowers her gaze and asks in low voice, "Why were you so angry?"

Armaan stands at a feet's distance and sighs in frustration, but composes himself and answers in a polite tone, "Someone from my company has betrayed me."

Kavya stares at him in shock and he nods before continuing, "The call, which I got at the Farmhouse was of my PA Rihan, he informed someone has sold our company's confidential data. But he is unable to find the real culprit and I just lost an important project because of it."

Kavya asks in shock, "What?"

Armaan nods and by surprise, confesses her hand, which he held to stop her. He leans back on the car, while lowering his gaze and states, "This is my first loss. I feel my entire efforts of 3 years in the company has failed. I am failed."