Chapter Thirty Two

Next Morning

Conference Room, RGC Office

Armaan is sitting in his chair with Rihan besides for a meeting. A laptop is placed in front of Rihan, along with a notepad and pen.

There are 20 other men, present in the conference room for the meeting. In this meeting, the monthly progress of the company and projects are discussed. This helps Armaan to have a control over every activity in RGC and plan his actions for the future.

Although the meeting is important, Armaan's concentration was zero. The only person having his sole attention is Kavya.

The memories of the time, he spent with her in Delhi, where she expressed her interest to know about him and his lifestyle, were clouding his mind. Her willingness to visit his office and meet his employees, clients and friends. Her excitement and enthusiasm to become a part of his life were increasing his guilt tenfold.

Armaan curses himself, under his breath and tightens his grip on the paperweight, while thinking, 'I was truly blind to neglect Kavya's interest and feelings. How will I ask for forgiveness now? I don't deserve it.'

Armaan shuts his eyes and remembers the time, he joined her for dinner, where she ignored him and accused him for having an affair.

He thinks, 'Maybe her ignorance and blames are my punishment, but can't I get a chance? Everyone deserves one chance to rectify their mistake. What if, Kavya denies? No, no, I shouldn't reach to the conclusion, unless I make an attempt. I won't give up and will try my best.'

Armaan continues to think of a way to talk with Kavya, when one of this employees calls his name to draw his attention. He opens his eyes and finds every men's eyes on him, including Rihan.

He clears his throat and commands, "I have an important business to handle now, so we will have this meeting some other day. You may proceed with your jobs."

Then he shifts his gaze to a confused Rihan and orders, "Stay."

The employees nod in response and quickly wrap up to leave the conference room to resume their work. Rihan and Armaan stay on their seats and wait till everyone leaves. Once the door is shut, Rihan turns to face Armaan, who is staring on the desk, aimlessly.

Rihan asks with concern, "Are you ok?"

Armaan shake his head and grabs the mug of black coffee to take a sip.

Rihan asks again, "What happened now? Fought with Kavya again last night?"

Armaan sighs in defeat and informs, "She stayed at Ruhi's place last night."

Rihan responds, "Oh" then questions him, "So, what have you thought?"

Mary's words from last night came running in Armaan's mind-

"You agree with me or not, but you have unknowingly accepted Kavya in your life, Armaan....You were fighting with her because you wanted her to depend on you and not treat you as a landlord....You were stubborn because you wanted her to listen and allow you to take her responsibility."

Armaan shifts his gaze to Rihan and admits, "After I apologize to Kavya, I will talk with her and give our marriage a chance."

Rihan's eyes widen in surprise and he smiles widely at Armaan, who himself has a smile, lacing on his lips.

Rihan comments happily, "That's amazing."

Instantly, the smile leaves Armaan's lips, as sadness washes over his face and he confesses, "However, it won't be as easy as it sounds. Kavya is too angry to listen, forgiveness is far away."