Not a date

~Xavier~

"Where the hell do you think you're going?"

Victoria was standing at my door, hands on her hips, tapping her feet. Her expression was suspicious as she eyed my coat.

Why do I feel like a fifth grader talking to the school principal?

I shrugged. "I'm going out."

"My sister won't talk to me till her - god - boyfriend wakes up." She said. "I've been stuck in this house for days."

"You just went to the park this morning." I reminded her. "We went to a göddamn ball three days ago."

"I have nothing to do here." She threw her hands up. "We're all out of leads."

I sighed.

"I'm going to a club." I said. "To get severely, thoroughly drunk."

"I can do that." Victoria matched my solemn tone, saluting.

I smiled.

"Fine. You've got ten minutes. Wear something pretty."

Victoria arched a brow. "Is this a date?"

"Of course not." I said, deadbeat. "I'm a psychopath and this is how I murder virgin girls."

"That's actually believable." She muttered.

I rolled my eyes.

"If you want to come with me, this isn't helping your case."

She pursed her lips and turned to leave.

"And just for the record," Victoria called out, strutting up the stairs like a supermodel. "This ain't a virgin, psycho."

I whistled low, running a hand through my hair.

God help me.

Exactly ten minutes later, I was still waiting at the front door because who were we kidding?

I'd be surprised if she showed up a moment less than a decade.

Shortcake managed to set the world record by showing up only five minutes later.

In a trench coat.

I groaned.

"What part of 'pretty' was unclear?" I muttered, getting into the car. "Because you look like a detective from 1975."

"Of course, you'd know what those look like, old man." Victoria shot back, joining me.

"I'm 26." I stated, rolling my eyes. "You suck at math."

"Why do you care what I look like anyway?" She asked, as we headed to the city. "This isn't a date, right?"

"Right." I said, eyes on the road.

Earlier, I'd noticed her shoes when she stepped out of the house. They were slender heels, pitch black and lacy. I bet they matched whatever she had on inside.