Shapeshifter

~Daniel~

Today was definitely not a wonderful day.

Pancakes, maple syrup and strawberries remained untouched on my plate. Weird because food was the love of my life.

The reason for this miracle were the four other people at the table.

My best friend was making googly eyes at the girl who tried to kill me.

That girl was busy giving zero fücks.

Said girl's sister was feeding her boyfriend.

Said boyfriend was trying to steal my Rolex.

Breakfast was turning out to be a lot of fun.

"Ira," I said, conversationally. "Do tell us how you murdered the vampire King. And while you're at it, please ask your boyfriend to keep away from shiny things."

"Not a thief, sire." Cyril said, smoothly.

"Not her boyfriend, bästard." Victoria added, moody.

"I don't admit to doing anything, Your Highness." Ira shot daggers at both of them.

I sighed.

"This is off record. You're not going to get in trouble." I said, calmly. "Your sister tried to kill me and she's having breakfast at my table now. With her family."

Gee, what does that say about me? Certainly wouldn't make me a spineless coward now, would it?

"She's your prisoner." Ira said. "Cut her a deal and let her go. Then, I'll talk."

I thought about that. Technically, Victoria was Xavier's prisoner.

I honestly didn't care if she left.

I was just about to accept when I heard one loud resounding word.

"No."

Xavier had been abnormally quiet all this time. He didn't look up, his voice dangerously low. I couldn't help noticing the nice, sharp knife in his hand.

"There are no deals here, sweetie." The Prince said, deathly quiet. "You talk and I let you live. Welcome to the real world."

Ira flinched.

"You can't talk to her like that." Cyril spoke up, trying to defend her.

"This girl killed the Immortal King of a country." Xavier said, coolly. "Sorry to break it to you, but she doesn't need you to be her knight in shining armour."

"I didn't kill anyone -" Ira began.

"Save it." Xavier looked her straight in the eyes. "How much did you get?"

Ira hesitated.

"Tell him."

The quiet voice came from the other side of the table. Surprisingly, Victoria was supporting Xavier. What was weirder was the look in her eyes as she saw him. It looked a lot like -