Woe to the winky face

~Israfel~

Being in Anna's body felt a lot like wearing fur.

It was ethically wrong and very dead.

But kinda pretty.

As I watched the angel King and his little Robin drop to the ground, I groaned. Anna's vocal chords made the right word for me.

It was the single, resounding syllable which both started wars and ended them.

"No."

Technically, seeing as we were already in hell, they couldn't have died.

Technically, just by being here, they were already dead.

But my brother was a sucker for theatrics.

I watched Xavier's eyes close with a note of finality. I often wondered what Azrael did with a person's life or soul or whatever the hell it was that left their frail bodies when they died.

Because honestly after that, they were about as evolved and superior as an unseasoned piece of meat.

Sad how sushi was more fun than a dead mortal.

"Azrael." I said, softly.

My brother was standing next to me. He knew what I was thinking and he saw what I was seeing.

There was a reason I couldn't let this annoying, self centred, egotistical son of a bîtch die.

Knowing the future was nothing but a cosmic pain in the äss.

"Let him go." I said simply. "You don't want this one anyway. I bet it tastes like an old sock."

Azrael smiled.

"I do not eat souls, brother mine." He said. "I merely guide them."

"Then guide him back to the living."

I really did not want to believe that I was grovelling for the dumb angel who took fourteen years to realise he wasn't just born royal so he could bake weed brownies.

"Help me out here and I'll get you something real pretty. Like a teddy bear."

Wow. Bribing Death with a soft toy.

Desperation level : Pro.

"I can not keep making exceptions, Israfel." Azrael said simply. "I have already altered the balance by saving him once."

I had no body. So I couldn't really give him puppy dog eyes.

I could however pull up the fact that I was his little brother and he had to deal with my constant pestering for the rest of eternity.

"For me." I told him, sincere. "Just once."

I could feel the sigh and I smiled triumphantly.

Xavier's body suddenly jerked and he coughed. His eyes opened slowly and he eventually got up, with about as much grace as Godzilla.