Losing battles

~Victoria~

"At. The. Last. Fücking. Minute."

Biscuit groaned, going full-on mope mode.

"Just smack me already and call me a dirty bästard. I'll just go home, watch Baywatch and die alone."

I was doing my best to keep a stern face as I got up.

"Come on. I can smack you in the car."

He took out his wallet, resigned. The waiter came to our table, looking at the food left on our plates.

"Is everything alright, madam?" He asked me, concerned. "Is the food not to your liking?"

I gave him a genuine smile.

"The food was lovely. I just have an early day tomorrow. We'll definitely stop by again sometime."

Biscuit looked up hopefully. It was plain weird how much he resembled an orphan puppy right then.

I gave him my best bîtch face.

He went back to moping.

We put on our coats, and headed to the front door. Biscuit almost subconsciously held the door open for me and while he didn't notice the gesture, I certainly did.

We walked back to the parking lot, him mumbling, me trying my hardest not to ruin this by doing something stupid. Like laughing.

Not yet.

The parking lot had a few cars parked, but otherwise it was dark and deserted.

Biscuit just about to get in the car when I caught his shirt in a fist. I pushed him back against the window glass, one hand on his chest, the other holding his tie. He looked at me in stunned silence : for once, I knew I'd caught him completely by surprise.

"What are you doing?" He asked, quietly.

"I'm giving you another chance." I said, pulling his tie down, so his lips barely touched mine.

Biscuit's breathing got ragged real fast.

His arm snaked around my waist and pulled my body close to him. The other broke my grip and in a moment, he'd hauled me onto the hood, hitching my legs over his hip.

And just like that, my breath hitched and I was hot in places way too close to his chiselled body.

I definitely hadn't thought this through.

In this light, Biscuit's hair was dark as the night, his crystal blue eyes saturated with lust. He smelled like cologne and fresh spice. His muscles were tense and he reminded me of a caged animal.

I felt the cold metal of his ring as he brushed my lips.

"You told me you wanted a gentleman." He said, his deep blue eyes darker than ever. "So I'll give you one last chance to save yourself and find another one. Because we both know I'm not going to stop with one little peck on the lips."

I ran a hand through his hair, as he looked at me like I was the centre of his universe.

"Stick to your playbook then." I said, sounding bolder than I felt. "Shut up and don't stop."