Chocolate and diamonds

~Adriana~

Be a ray of sunshine

The cover of my diary mocked me as I huddled up in my seat and sipped my hot chocolate. I was fifty thousand feet above the ground in a private jet.

My brother was in the next cabin, probably doing the air hostess like she was a crossword.

Funny. I'm probably the only Royal in Europe who's had sex with only one person.

Hilarious how after living on a planet with four billion men, only one of them had managed to make a beeline for my vagina.

Oh, and it certainly didn't help that that guy lost his father a couple of weeks after that.

Maybe I was just bad juju in the banging department.

"Would you like another blanket, Your Highness?"

I looked up. The flight attendant gave me a small salute and showed off his perfect teeth. He had playful brown eyes and a boyish smile on his full lips.

This was the kind of guy I normally found cute. The kind of guy who could make me blush and mumble like a shy idiot.

Coincidentally, this was also the kind of guy my brother would be happy to rip a new hole into.

"No." I smiled at him boldly. "But thank you."

Because these days, when I saw a "cute boy", I wondered why his hair wasn't like midnight, why his jaw wasn't sharp or why his eyes didn't remind me of the ocean.

Prince Xavier Grigori had made sure of that.

Falling in love and sleeping with the engaged King of Europe.

Way to go, hormones.

When I got on the plane, I'd made a resolution not to think about him until I got home. When I saw him earlier this morning, the haunted look on his face broke something inside me.

Nope. I thought, swallowing. You can't think about him. Because that is a one way ticket to tear town.

Of course, the other important reason for this trip was to get my sister excited about the change in her wedding plans.

Naturally, I was feeling a smidge of guilt.

And by smidge, I meant an ocean as wide as the Atlantic and Pacific put together.

Yay. New rule. You can't think about her either.

My diary lay neglected in my hands. I was hoping to write something but I was too busy feeling motion sick for that. I also had a weird urge to empty all the sugar on board.

Mr. Cute Attendant kept my tab going in that department.

I could only assume my brother was going through the female flight staff like a kid in a candy store since he hadn't checked in on me once.

When we landed, I went to his cabin and hesitantly opened the door, full well expecting the real life tutorial of the Kama Sutra -