Bacon and royalty

~Victoria~

"You are grounded, young man."

Biscuit looked at me sardonically, as I sat crosslegged on the kitchen island, eating his bacon, pointedly ignoring the impressive dining room about ten feet away.

"So I can't watch The Walking Dead for a month?" The guy pulled up a chair, straddling it backward. "Because that's borderline torture."

"Then that's what we're going with." I said, sternly. "And no more using the L word."

"You mean "legs"?" He asked me. "Because honestly I don't think I can stop thinking about yours, tesoro."

I smacked him with a spoon.

"No more dirty talk." I chewed my food. "No more flirting with me. And no more Italian."

Because that was a one way road to him going downtown.

On me.

He didn't answer me, but I heard the scraping of the chair.

"No more cuddling." I listed out, busy putting butter on my toast. "No making out and certainly no kissing."

I didn't notice him move until his palms smacked down on the marble countertop by my sides.

I began noticing all those little purebred features in his face I hadn't noted before - the straight nose, those high cheekbones, the sharp angles of his jawline.

I also noted the not-so-thoroughbred parts like that 5 o' clock shadow and that small scar on his left eyebrow.

Why the hell did that make him more attractive?

"Well, I could do all that." He told me, intently. "But then who would we really be punishing here, Shortcake?"

Hands down, no questions asked, proven beyond a single shred of doubt, presenting to you, ladies and gentlemen, the greatest sucker of all time :

Me.

Even though I knew that, I still put my hands on his shoulders and slid away from him on the counter. His eyes held a small glimmer of hurt.

"This isn't part of your punishment." I said, hesitating. "It's just - It's better that way."

Biscuit sighed, sitting up on the island. I carefully retrieved my plate from near his äss, scrambling away to the other side.

Because drama could wait.

Bacon, not so much.

Biscuit rolled his eyes and snatched the plate back. I sulked for about a minute, then sat next to him and let him feed me like a whiny child.

Biscuit sighed.

"Please tell me who was the ässhole that made you believe all men are idiots."

"I didn't need one of those." I said, eyes on the fork. "Kinda figured that out myself."

He caught a strand of red hair and tucked it behind my ear. "You're kinda dumb. And cute. But mostly dumb."