Short, red and smoking hot

~Xavier~

"I can explain." Danny began.

"I bet you can." I propped up my feet, downing a glass of Scotch. "Only I can't hear you because your head is so far up Adriana's äss."

Daniel sighed, running a hand through his hair. Going by the photos, the vampire chick was similar enough to pass as her sister.

Probably the only time in history The Daily Express prevented a war by getting their headline wrong.

"Crown Prince of Vetresca, Xavier Grigori shows new found affection for fiancé, Princess Alexandra." I read out, rolling my eyes.

There were so many things wrong with that, it was like Autocorrect wrote it.

"Could this be the start of a feisty marriage for the hottest new power couple in town? Extra, Extra, read all about it."

Daniel cringed.

"What do I tell her?"

"Danny, Danny, Danny." I shook my head. He truly was lost. "The more important question would be "What do you tell him?"

It was the tiniest, most inconsequential thing most of the papers had missed.

The leech's pretty mismatched eyes.

"Darius is going to want a damn good reason for screwing with the wrong sister." I said, knowing it would be the first thing he would notice. I smiled. "The devil is literally in the details."

"No." Daniel threw his head back, hopeless. "The devil is going to mount my head on a spike and feed my balls to his dog." He paused, considering it. "What dog does Darius have?"

I rolled my eyes.

"The three headed kind that rolls out the welcome mat to the underworld."

"I just happen to have a German Shepherd called Cerberus." A voice said from the bar's entrance. "Then again, you'd make good kibble for a fücking beagle."

Daniel turned white as snow. Somehow he put on a good show of acting like his worst nightmare wasn't standing at the door, leaning on a cane with a foot long blade inside it.

"I can explain -" Danny started all over again.

"He truly can't. May I take a shot at this?" I interrupted, subtly making sure I was standing between him and Darius.

"Shut the fück up and leave." Darius could've given Antarctica a run for its money with the ice in his tone. "This stays between royalty."

God bless mother irony.

"Lol, Your Highness." I told Danny, rolling my eyes. "As your oh so loyal subject, what do you think I should do?"

"I think you should make sure I leave here with my head still on my shoulders." Danny muttered to me.

The temperature dropped about two degrees.

"Yeah, I don't think that's a possibility." Darius answered for me, that cane turning into sharp metal with one flick of his wrist.