Devil can draw

~Victoria~

"I get that you can't keep your hands off me, Shortcake. But stalking me is illegal."

I turned around slowly from my viewing spot behind the window. Naturally I'd zoned out for minute and Biscuit had to be standing behind me, looking like an incredibly self-satisfied statue of Adonis.

I wanted to punch those goddämn dimples off.

"I am not stalking you." I glared at him, mostly mad at myself for getting caught. "And since when do you care about breaking the law?"

"I don't." He admitted. "I do however care about handcuffing criminals to my bed."

Why was I still blushing like a neon sign at his cheesy pick up lines?

Dear hormones, can you just stop?

"Why are you here, Shortcake?" He took a moment to size up my outfit, leather jacket and all. He whistled low. "You could definitely ride more than a bike if you keep that thing on."

Why was I here?

Besides the ultimate purpose of showing off the excellent blood flow in my cheeks, that is?

"I wanted to talk to you." I said, after the cursory head smack. "About something important."

He led me upstairs to a study. It had a large oak desk with neatly lined stationary, wood furnished with glass cabinets and the no nonsense air of a professional workspace.

Thankfully I had more to discuss than a petty little kiss, which honestly would've been insulting the room.

"So I've been thinking about that night." Biscuit didn't need a reference. "I couldn't sleep at all the last couple of days, and I just realised something."

"What might that be?"

"We saw the client, right?" I sat on the desk, as Biscuit settled into a chair. "Did you recognise him?"

He thought for a moment. "No."

"But you know who might?" I said, pausing for the big reveal. "His victims."

Biscuit arched a brow.

"Think about it." I said. "No one would give someone ten million dollars to murder someone unless it was something personal. Someone they knew.

"You always hire an assassin when you  don't want to get your hands dirty. Because you're too recognisable."

"That's a nice theory." He said, shrugging. "Only his targets are all paying their dues to the ferryman right now."

"Except one." I said, meaningfully. "And he had a beer with you ten minutes ago."

Biscuit finally had his eureka moment. Which unfortunately vanished just as soon as it had come.

"We're the only ones who saw him. We don't exactly have a selfie with that guy."

I crossed my legs, smiling.

"We do however have an artist." I said slowly. "Think you can draw him from memory?"

He nodded, cautiously.