King Michael Phelps

~Xavier~

"So I take it that I won't have to spend a hundred grand on a wedding dress?"

I flicked open my lighter and lit another cigarette. Darius stood at the entrance to my father's room, his face kinda reminding me of Grumpy Cat.

Well, except that cat had a meme, a world tour and a movie.

All this miserable bästard had was his name written on a tombstone, with the game he was playing.

"Buy a pretty white dress and wrap it around your pants, Your Highness." I suggested.

The leech arched a brow.

"That way, when I say "now you may kiss the bride", you can officially go blow yourself."

I leaned back against my leather chair, and blew him a ring of smoke.

The vampire King sat down, trying his best not to piss off the new Prince with his shiny nuclear toys.

His face looked a lot like Hulk trying not to smash.

"You're having a nice day, aren't you, Xavier?" Darius gave me a cold smile. "A whole continent at your feet. I do admire how you've managed to pull this off for so long."

"And I do admire how you've managed to kiss my äss five seconds after I asked you to literally go fück yourself."

"Son, this is my last shot at giving you an olive branch." He said, the vein sticking out in his neck probably visible on Google maps.

"And this is my last chance at asking you to shove that branch down your pie hole." I answered, the epitome of civil. "You asked for war, you got it. But Vetresca will not aid the allies."

I'd made that clear at the end of the meeting.

The world was going to burn.

But if I was going to be King, Vetresca sure as hell wouldn't.

If anything, I'd make sure we had marshmallows, so we could toast them in the fire.

"You know damn well it's a long shot without your country taking the lead, Xavier." He said, that very fire burning in him now. "We only won last time because your father was one hell of a Commander."

"Surprise! He's dead." I said, evenly. "You're on your own, bro."

Darius swore - so angry, his face was actually turning red.

"You don't know what you're doing." He said ominously. "Making enemies is a one way ticket to hell. There are people who'd love to see this city burn to ashes and they're very good friends of mine."

I patted his shoulder and not so subtly, showed him the way to the door.

"If you threaten me again, I'll mail you to those friends of yours in tiny little pieces through FedEx." I kicked my feet up on the table. "Go have a Snickers or something, Darius."

The door closed with an resounding bang.

I looked at the clock, and whistled Satisfaction by The Rolling Stones.