Biscuit and Persephone

~Xavier~

"Where the hell have you been?"

My brain and my mouth were apparently pissed at each other because there were a million things on my mind, but not one word on my lips.

Daniel waited a good deal of time for a reply after which he understandably joined the Xavier Is A Dumbäss club and refused to acknowledge my presence.

Which was fine by me, because I'd be the President of that club.

I followed him around like a zombie, not giving a single fück about anything at all.

You're a coward.

It still hit me like a fresh slap.

I'd been called many things - a liar, a thief, a murderer and a filthy lowlife at the top of that list and all of them were true.

But I'd never been called a coward.

"I swear I'm going to bîtchslap you if you don't get back to this piece of shît planet and help me deal with my craptastic day, Xevi."

I finally snapped out of it and turned my attention to Daniel.

The guy wasn't just angry that I wasn't listening. His face had more lines than a barcode.

If you can't handle it, do you honestly think Danny can?

"I'm sorry." I told him. "What were you saying?"

"Dear Virgin in Haven, what is with you?" He was about to rant again, when he finally noticed the look on my face. "Wait, are you alright?"

No.

"Yes." I said, trying on a smile.

Pretty sure that smile was about as warm and welcoming as the Hulk.

Danny had a PhD at seeing through my bullshît in 0.5 seconds.

"It's that chick Victoria, isn't it?" He muttered, groaning. "I told you from the start not to go after this one. She's the devil."

"No." I smiled sadly. "She's Persephone."

You made me fall for a guy who doesn't even exist.

I wanted to ask her if I looked like the göddamn Loch Ness monster. I wanted to ask her if I wasn't real when she smacked me five billion times a day.

I wanted to ask her if I didn't exist when I made her scream my name over and over again last night.

But I didn't.

Because real gentlemen didn't exist, right?

"Let's just get this over with." I said, sighing. "The last thing you need right now is a Ted Talk on my lovey dovey feelings."

"Damn straight." Danny muttered. "The minute this meeting's done, we'll get thoroughly drunk, I'll introduce you to a young lady called Glitter and you can talk to her about it. Deal?"

I gave him a small smile. "Glitter sounds like a real classy woman. Is she a doctor?"

"She'll be anything you want her to be." He promised. "And you don't know classy until you've seen her legs over your shoulders."