Diaries of a wimpy Shortcake

~Xavier~

Half a bottle of Ambien, six Coronas, two cigars and you're still talking philosophy like you're Nietzsche and Newton's love child.

My mind wasn't doing a great job at shutting up. I probably needed toothpicks to keep my eyes open, yet I couldn't fall asleep.

Rain fell in sheets against the window panes, lightning flashing against the dark void outside. Thunder quickly followed, the smell of fresh, moist earth surrounding me like a warm blanket.

I could've thought about Daniel's brother. About Darius. About anything at all, that was borderline important.

Instead I was thinking about the pressing question of why dogs chased their own tails.

Because restlessness was bad.

But making sleep deprived half ässed conclusions was outright retarded.

So it was as I was lying in my bed having an internal monologue about dog butts that I heard a knock.

I got up and hastily tugged on a pair of black pants before I got the door.

A very wide eyed Shortcake stood there with a pillow, her lips pouty and her hair all messed up.

She also happened to be wearing something frilly, pink and feminine which I could only assume was Marcus's efforts at providing her night clothes.

About time that guy got a raise.

"Sup, Barbie?"

"Not much, Karate Kid." She shot back, eyeing my pants.

I didn't miss her also checking out my very shirtless chest.

"Objectifying innocent men." I tsked, leaning against the frame. "I'm super offended."

"I've offended the Sith Lord of dirty talk." She muttered, rolling her eyes. "I should be proud."

"No, you should be worried." I said, meaning it. "He's kinda turned on even though you look like Dora the Explorer right now."

She blushed. "You're weird."

"And you're not?" I arched a brow, looking at the pillow she'd abusively dragged from her room.

"Nope." She fired back. "Perfectly functional adult member of society -"

Lightning struck outside and she jumped, strangling that poor pillow till her knuckles went white. It was only a few seconds later after the thunder subsided that she calmed down.

Victoria looked at me sheepishly.

"Is the tiger cub scared of a little cloud action?"

She shrugged, putting on a huge show of how it was no big deal.

Another rumble from the skies and Victoria was shuddering so violently, I actually felt bad for teasing her.

"Would you like to sleep with me?"

"Yes." She answered promptly, then realised what she'd said. She blushed. "No. Well, I mean sleep somewhere in your room."