Whipped cream

~Xavier~

Got a secret, can you keep it...

I whistled the tune as I opened the door to the cellar. The smell of dust and aged wine hit me, as I turned on the lights.

Swear this one you'll save...

Victoria's ghost client was floating above the ground, a dark shape bundled up in golden Life magic, tethering him from vanishing away.

Better lock it in your pocket, take this one to the grave...

Well, this guy sure did.

I used the same kind of magic Danny had, to unravel the thread carefully.

Necromancy was a touchy subject. Reviving someone from the nethers - heaven, hell or whatever humans called it - wasn't easy, legal or even heard of anymore.

All I knew was that the reviver couldn't enter the nethers when they died and it wasn't a fun ride for the ghost either.

I couldn't handle having my hands tied up in bed. Being an eternal zombie to someone certainly didn't float my boat.

If I show you, then I know you won't tell what I said...

The shadow shifted into a man with a growl. I'd been careful to create a makeshift cage of magic around him so he couldn't escape.

"Hello." I said nicely. "The weather's lovely today in the cellar, wouldn't you agree?"

Growl.

"See, I don't speak Angry Dog." I replied, lighting a cigarette. "English or Italian, yes. Maybe even a little French."

Growl.

"Ok, that's enough small talk for today." I made the cage smaller. "Who brought you back?"

"Why would I tell you?" Mr. Growl finally said. "You're a nobody."

"I'm a very persuasive nobody." I said. The cage got small enough that it almost touched him again. "So I suggest you talk or go to sleep again."

"I will not betray my master." He said solemnly. "Take me to your Prince."

"You're talking to him." I muttered, under my breath. I cleared my threat and answered him. "Just tell me what I need to know and we can both have a nice day."

The shadow laughed.

"It's a nice day when all of royalty is brought to their knees, choking on their own gold. It's a nice day when they're all wiped out and gone, nothing but a fading stain in the fabric of history."

"Why do you hate them?" I asked quietly.

"Because they've always hated me."

I arched a brow. As far as I knew, Daniel's brother had nothing against purebloods, but perhaps I'd been wrong. I made a mental note to ask him about it and left the ghost tied up, asleep in the dark.

...Because two can keep a secret if one of them is dead.

I thought about it seriously as I jogged up the stairs. Until of course my stomach growled, and "I'm hungry af" became the deepest, most meaningful thought in my brain.

I headed to the kitchen and got out two plates.

Sappy level million should just be renamed Sappy level Xavier.

I knew for a fact that Victoria wouldn't still be in that room and I wasn't really the breakfast-post-banging kind.

However, I did fall in the category of "feed my crazy assassin girlfriend before she bites my head off."