A bold weakness

~Victoria~

"Good evening, ladies and gentlemen. Let's play a little game."

Biscuit walked into plain sight of the guardians.

Shots were fired. There was some kicking. Thrashing. Muffled screaming.

Then there was just silence.

I stepped over their bodies and figured out the locks one by one. It was one fancy door, but in fifteen minutes, said fancy door clicked open.

Biscuit walked through the door and gestured for me to follow, shutting it instantly behind me.

I didn't know what I expected.

But a cold pristine white room with nothing inside it definitely didn't scream 'ancient' or 'evil'.

Biscuit pressed one of his blades into my hands. "Use it in ten minutes. Don't miss and don't hesitate. And don't move."

Wait, what?

Suddenly a white mist crept up from the floor. It moved ominously through the air, unnaturally slow. It came towards me and I felt a chill run down my spine.

I tried my best not to move.

Just as it was a foot away from me, Biscuit aggressively got in its way.

It was quite simply the most horrifying thing I'd seen in my life.

His irises turned pale and his back arched midair almost like it was going to snap. His hands were like claws and his clothes began tearing. Light came out of his mouth and the voice seemed both otherworldly and familiar at the same time.

"Welcome to my prison, child."

Biscuit's body was contorting at unnatural angles, midair. Belatedly I realised I was screaming.

"Why are you here?" It, whatever whoever that was, asked me. "Why do you disturb my peace?"

"I-" I tried to find words. "I- I don't know. You're hurting him."

"Oh, that's unfortunate." It said. "He must have had a good reason to offer his body then."

I didn't know what I supposed to do.

"People come here to ask me questions." It explained. "I happen to be wise. Or so they say."

Ok, then. I tried to ignore the silent scream on Biscuit's face. Questions. You got this.

"The murders." I finally realised why we were here. "You can tell us who's behind it."

"For a price." It said. "My freedom."

I nodded numbly, not sure what exactly it meant by that.

"Seek the child, of birth by blood and storm. A horizon of ice and smoke, a portal to the nethers and a dead soul revived I see in the shadows rewriting history."

I'd never been more confused in my entire life. And I'd tried to learn Mandarin once.

"I get you're being dramatic and all." I said, looking at Biscuit's body writhing. I held on to the blade harder. "But for fück's sake, just tell me what we came here for."

I heard a cold laugh.

"I already did." Biscuit's head rotated to look at the dagger. "Do it then. Do what you came for, my child."

Oh, no.

Ten minutes he'd said. Ten minutes if this thing was still in his body. He wanted me to kill him.