HIM

It was the day of yet another funeral. She finished burying the last member of her family. Her brother. He was good person. He always had a smile on his face. Lucas and her were close. They were best friends. When she needed him, he was there no matter the time or weather. The same for her. He was only 21 years old when passed. She left the cemetry after people told her how sorry they were. After they shed all their pity on her, she went back to her house. She didnt want to enter that house but she knew she had to some time. She sat on the front steps. She didn't know how long she was sitting there but there was a little movie playing. All the memories playing back in her mind. How her and Lucas would sit on these very steps and just talk about the most random things. One of the many things she would miss. Her family was all she ever known. She was homeschooled. Public school didn't go so great so when she was 10 her mother decided to get her homeschooled. She only had 2 best friends. Miranda and Chuck. She sat there for what to her seemed like hours.Hoping he would look through the window like he always did and would come running out and sit with her. She knew no matter how long she sat there Lucas wouldn't come back. She didn't even notice that car pulled up on the driveway where her parents and brother's car was parked. She didn't noticed him walk up to her and sit on Lucas's very spot until he decided to speak.

"Sorry, I went to the cemetry and nobody was there so i figured that soembody would be here. I'm so sorry I'm late Jaz." 

She flinched at the way he called Jaz. It wasn't Lucas. It was Lucas' best friend, Brandon.

"Can you switch spots with me please? And please stop apologizing I'm so tired of hearing that fucken word. And my name is Jasmine not Jaz that name is buried with my brother." She didn't want anybody else sitting in his spot. It was too soon.

"Sure, whatever you want. How are you holding up?" He knew her since she was born. He met Lucas when they were kindergaten and been attached at the hip. He loved her. No not as sister. At first that's what he thought he loved her as but he got older. He knew he loved way more than a sister. He wanted her to be his. He hated seeing her this broken. She was always happy. That annoying happy but it was cute at the same time.

"I am doing just fine B. It's not something that is new to me. I lost my mother, my dad, and now Lucas. It's not like I don't know how it feels. I'll be just fine."

"You know you don't have to put a front with me. You know you can tell me anything."

"B, I'm fine. I just need to get my shit and sell everything. I dont want to keep anything. It would hurt too much."

"Okay, do you need help with anything?"

"Yeah, can you please help me clear out Lucas' room? It still looks like he was in there this morning. I don't think I could do it alone."

"Sure thing." 

That's how it started. The spent so much time together getting things cleaed outr. Selling the house, funiture, and the car. She kept Lucas' car because she needed a car so that's what she told Brandon. She couldn't tell him that she wanted to keep it because there was so many memories there. She has been living with Brandon while she got an apartment of her own. It felt like a lifetime for him when he finally asked her to be his girlfriend,. He treated her like a princess. They were dating for about 8 months before he proposed to her. Once he proposed, a month later they were married. They were both over the moon. She loved him. He loved her or so she thought.