Past Meets Future

Harry was really hoping Friday didn't come. He hasn't told Jasmine the real reason on why he invited her. He couldn't find the right words to tell her. He didn't want to be blunt. He also didn't want to sugar coat it. He just didn't know how to tell her. He didn't know how she was going to take it. Will she be mad or actually help him out? He was scared that the night was going to end up worse than it is. It hasn't even started but he knew it was going to be a night of disaster.

"I really dont know why you are trying so hard."

"What do you mean?"

"You look like your going to dinner with the presisdent. It's just dinner with your ex-wife and your "girlfriend." Which I still advise you to tell her before you actually get there and Taylor tells herself. That won't be so pretty."

"So I should change? And trust me Scar I been trying but the words don't ever come out right. I don't want to sound like a douche but I also don't want to sound like I'm trying to sugar coat it."

"Yes, here put these on" She handed him clothes. "I don't think there is any other way of telling her but the way it sounds."

"I like these so much better. I'll tell her before we actually get to the restuarant. I'm nervous Scarlett."

"Don't be. The worse that could happen is they hate each other and start a fight in the middle of the restuarant."

"Thanks, I know I can always count on you to help me feel better."

"Hey there's no need for saracasm. I'm just helping you get prepared for the worst. Now get your sacarstic arse out of here."

He kissed his sister's cheek and walked out. He arrived at her house early than he planned. So he sat in his car thinking of how he was going to tell her. He didn't want her to walk out and not go. He rang her doorbell. She answered the door looking flawless. She looked beautiful. He was speechless. 

"You look beautiful" She smiled at him. If he wasn't dead before. He was completely dead now.

"Thank you, you don't look so bad yourself."

"Okay, I have something to tell you about this dinner, but just hear me out okay."

"Okay" She was confused.

"The day you saw me arguing with my ex wife. I agreed to meet her for dinner, but she kinda heard around that I was going out with someone. So she insisted on meeting her."

"Okay, but where do I fit in all this?"

"The thing is I'm not seeing anyone. I don't even know where she got the idea I am but before I actually thought it through I already agreed. So I was hoping..."

"That I pretend to be your girlfriend."

"Yeah, I know that I should of told you earlier but I kinda panicked."

"Harry, it's fine. It's just for one night. So, let's go boyfriend. We don't want to keep your ex-wife waiting." If she didn't already seem perfect. This made her more than perfect. 

They arrived at the restaurant. As the closer they got, they both grew nervous. This night could go perfect or it can go completely the opposite. She was never the type of person to start a fight with anyone but if you pushed her limits. She could get pretty ugly. She was just hoping this dinner was going to go smoothly. So was Harry. He knew Taylor like the back of his hand. She wasn't the type to keep her comments to herself. Kinda reminded him of his sister. They both had an attitude that was kinda hard to get along with at first but you soon you get used to it. So he was prepared for the worst.

"Everything will be fine. If it gets too crazy for you. Let me know and we will walk out of there." 

"Okay, but I'm pretty sure I'll be fine." She didn't whether she was trying to assure that to herself or him. She took a hold of his hand before they made their way into the restaurant.