A Little Closer

Brandon's POV

I'm getting fustrusted. Day by day it keeps getting harder to find her. I have the best private investigator in the business. Where the hell was she?

"David, I need you to keep looking find anything you can. Ask people if they know her. I don't pay you to stand around and not do anything."

"Sir, I can't just go up to people"

"Yes you can. Go around with the picture I sent you. People will help you when they see it's missing person paper. I just want to find my wife David please."

"I know you do sir. I'll do my best."

"That's what I like to hear. You been in New York for 2 days. It's a big city but check them all out."

"I'll do what can."

"I'll call you in a week to check for progess but if you find out anything before that please call me no matter the time."

"I'll keep you inform. Talk to you soon. Good day."

"Goodbye David"

I been looking for her almost 5 years. She wasn't going to get away this easy. I checked California already and there was no sign of her. I have a missing person report in almost everywhere country. I'm currently trying to get one in New York. I'm living in Florida. I decided to settle her and hire a private investigator to do the traveling. 

"What the hell do you want Scarlett? I thought I told you to stop calling you aren't going to change my mind about Jayden."

"You never cared for him before. You were scared it would ruin your lovely marriage. Funny you mention that. How's your wife. I heard she been kinda out of the radar."

"What the hell are talking about?"

"You see now Brandon. I would be careful about the things you do because I am too digging into your past. I'm making sure I have everything on you to make sure you don't take Jayden from me. Goodbye Brandon"

She hung up after that without letting me respond. I couldn't let this stupid little girl ruin my chances of fixing my marriage. Yeah, she's right. I could care less for the boy but if Jasmine sees me with a son and how well I'm being she may return. I don't need this girl ruining that. 

A few days later

"Sir I got you good news."

"What is it David?"

"Well I was walking around around a city here and I was doing what you told and someone said they have seen here. She wanted your information. I gave it to her. She said she would be caling you."

"Thank you David."

Right when I hung up on him. My phone started ringing. 

"Hello"

"Hi, I'm looking for Brandon Smith"

"This is Brandon"

"I heard you're looking for your wife correct?"

"Yeah I am"

"Well what if I told you that I know where she is?"

"That would be really greatly appreciated if you did"

"Okay well I'll tell you but I'm going to ask you for a favor in return"

"Yeah anything"

"I need to know your story"

"Um do you think we can do this person. I'll meet you anywhere you like"

"I'll go to you. Where are you located?"