Happiness Doesn't Last Forever

Jasmine's POV

My heart was beating so fast I bet the whole restaurant can hear it. I was trying to get myself to say something but nothing was coming out. Were we ready for this? We haven't even been official yet. We both could have changed these past years.

"Harry," I said before he interrupted me.

"I know this seems sudden like really sudden but I know this is what I want. I know what it feels like to lose you. I know what feels like to watch another man love you and I hated every second of it. I love you Jasmine that's something I'm sure of. Call me crazy, stupid. I don't care. I am. I'm crazily, stupidly in love with you and I wanna spend the rest of my life being in love with you" He said. I sighed tears filling my eyes.

"Harry, we haven't even started officially dating. What if we changed these past few years. I know for sure our love hasn't changed but what if we did" I said.

"Then I learn to love that part of you too. Jasmine, you're it for me. I don't want to spend another moment without you by my side" He said. I sighed. I didn't know why but I just started talking.

"When I met you at first, I thought you were a cocky man whore. Who only loved sex and didn't want anything else. I then got to know you and I realized you were just as lost as I was. We were both going through a hard time. I gave you chance and it was the best thing I have ever done. Call me crazy, stupid, or foolish. I don't care because I'm crazily, foolishly, stupidly in love with you too and yes Harry I'll marry you" I said. I didn't know where it came from but it sudden hit me that I loved him. He was the only person I could possibly ever want and I'm going to marry him. He's my everything. He smiled and placed the ring on my finger. It was beautiful.

"I can't believe this" He said. I smiled at him. He kissed my lips.

"I know you're still not sure about this whole marriage thing so we can take this time before the wedding to start over yet not start over. Jasmine, I love you" He said. I laced my hand with his.

"I have never been so sure of anything before. I want to marry you Harry and plus when have we done anything by the book" I said. He nodded.

"I just want you to be sure. I don't want you to feel pressured" He said. At first I did feel pressured, but now it all makes sense. He loves me and I love him. We can do this. I know we can and we can always have a long engagement.

"Harry, I want to marry you" I said. He smiled again before kissing me again. I don't know when but one day I no longer will be Jasmine Richardson but Jasmine Styles. I will finally belong somewhere. I will finally have a family.

"HOLY SHIT!!" El said jumping up and down.

"Let me see the bloody thing" She said reaching for my hand. I showed her the ring.

"Bitch! It's bigger than mine" She said. I shrugged.

"I guess. I really don't care about the ring size or anything. I just care that I'm marrying Harry. I dreamed of this for so long and it's finally here. I can't fully grasp it you know" I said. He nodded.

"If there's anything that I know for sure is that you and Harry belong together. You guys been through hell and back. You guy deserve to be happy finally. I'm so happy for you. Congratulations." She said hugging me.

"Do you think David will still want to do this wedding?" I asked. She shrugged.

"I don't see why not. Let's call him shall we?" She said. I nodded.

Harry's POV

"Yeah, I asked her to marry me. She said yes" I said.

"Oh darling that's amazing. I couldn't be happier for you. You guys really deserve each other. I promise to fly out as soon as I can okay. I miss you, Jasmine, and Elijah" My mum said through the phone. I smiled.