A Hundred Steps Back

Harry's POV
I was in the waiting room waiting for anyone to tell me she's going to be okay. What the hell was she doing? What happened? I have so many questions that needed to be answered.
"Harry, stop pacing. It's making me nervous" Henry said.
"What happened?" I asked.
"I don't know. I went by to pick up a few things from her and I walked in. I saw her on the floor shot and bleeding" He said. Immediately Brandon came into my mind. What if he escaped from jail? What if he was trying to get revenge on us? I sighed.
"Mate, is she okay? Have you got any news?" Louis said. I shook my head.
"The bloody doctor is still in there with her. I knew it was too good to last. Something always happens" I said putting my head in my hands.
"Zayn and Perrie went to pick up Elijah. They should be here soon" He said. I nodded.
"She's going to okay. Jasmine is a very strong girl" El said. I half smiled at her. How can she be so sure? Nothing in this life is certain. God, I would kill to be laying in the hospital instead of her. I saw Zayn walk in. Elijah came up to me.
"Daddy is mommy okay?" he asked. I sighed.
"I don't know bub. The doctors are still in there helping her" I said. He nodded and buried his head into my chest. We were waiting for a couple hours. Elijah was asleep next to me. Eleanor and Perrie went to get food for all of us.
"Jasmine Richardson" A doctor called out. I stood up.
"I'm her fiancée" I said. He nodded.
"Good news or bad news first" He asked.
"Bad news." I said.
"She lost a lot of blood. We were able to give her blood transfusion. Right now all we do is wait and see if her body takes it or rejects it. If her body rejects the blood, the outcome can be fatal" He said. I nodded.
"Good news. She's stable and we were able to remove all the bullet fragments. She's resting right now. You can go ahead and see her now. One by one please" He said before walking away. I sighed and walked over to her room. I slowly opened the door before stepping inside. She was laying down with her eyes closed. I walked over to her and sat down. I grabbed her hand. Her eyes fluttered open. She smiled weakly at me. No matter what she looked absolutely beautiful. I felt the tear fall and roll down my cheek.
"Don't cry. I'm fine" She said wiping the tear away.
"You have no idea how worried I was Jasmine" I said. She sighed.
"I'm pretty sure I have an idea but I'm fine now" She said.
"That's not the point babe. What happened?" I asked.
"Remember the girl I told you about?" She said and immediately felt anger rise inside me.
"I thought I told you to stay from that" I said.
"I did but she came to me Harry. What was I supposed to do? Make her leave" She said raising her voice a little.
"Yes! You have others to think about now Jasmine! Not only yourself. Your son is out there crying his eyes out. Do you think that's okay?" I spatted at her.
"I had to do something babe. I was just trying to keep her safe" She said.
"And how did that work out for you?" I asked.
"You're being a dick. She needed my help. What don't you understand about that?" She said. I shook my head.
"I'm sorry for getting upset at the fact that my fiancée could of die. I'm sorry I'm upset because she rather put her live in danger for stranger than to stay with her family" I said. I was probably overreacting but I couldn't help it. I was angry. She broke a promise. I almost lost her.
"You don't know what it is like Harry. I had to help her, save her" she said. I laughed.
"So then why are you the one lying in this hospital bed?" I asked her.
"I tried to save her but he shot me and took off with them" She said.
"She left you lying on the floor dying. She was never going to leave him Jasmine" I said.
"I was trying to help her. She looked so scared"
"FOR FUCK SAKES, JASMINE YOU CAN'T SAVE EVERYBODY!" I yelled at her. I know it was wrong but she was frustrating me. What in the world didn't she understand?
"BUT I CAN TRY! I'm not going to stand by and live my life when I can do something about it" She said.
"You know what. You're right we are too different people. Save all the damn people you want" I said before storming out of the room.
Jasmine's POV
What didn't he understand? I felt like I owe something to Hannah. I know getting myself in this position wasn't the best idea but I had to do something. I know what these girls are going through. I can help them escape. I know I can.
"Mommy?" Elijah said poking his head through the door. I smiled.
"Come here my little man" I said patting the seat next to me. He ran and hugged me tightly. I was in pain but I really didn't care right now. I felt his tears soak my hospital gown.
"Hey why are you crying? I'm fine" I said.
"Because you almost weren't. I don't want lose you mommy" He said. I winced when his hug tighten.
"You won't ever lose me Elijah. Not now not ever" I said.
"Hey buddy, you're hurting mumma" El said. I smiled at her and Lou.
"Sorry mommy" I smiled and kissed his forehead.
"How are you feeling?" Louie asked.
"I'm feeling shitty right now but other than that okay" He nodded.
"What happened with Harry? He stormed out of here" El asked.
"We got into an argument and I think he broke up with me. I'm not too sure. Strong pain killers" I said. I knew he did. The words were clear in meaning. I just didn't want to believe it. I'm not going to.
"I'll find him and talk to him" Louie said walking out .
Louis' POV
I was walking around the hospital in hopes he would still be around here. I know he was because his car was still in the lot. Then again he could got a taxi. I turned the corner and there he was sitting down with his head in his hands leaned up against the wall. I didn't say anything I just took seat beside him.
"I want to be alone Lou" He said.
"Nobody wants to be alone Harry" He sighed. I knew he started crying because his whole body started to shake. I wrapped my arms around him. Not most guys would ever do this but not every friendship is like mine and Harry's. Our friendship was rare. We stayed in this position until he calmed down.
"I'm sorry Lou" He said. I shook my head.
"There's nothing to be sorry about" He sighed.
"I'm just so angry, sad. I'm just so confused with what I'm feeling" He said.
"Why?" He turned to look at me.
"The thought of losing her made my skin crawl. I never want to be in this position again. The feeling of emptiness. It sucks. I'm also bloody pissed. She could of gotten herself killed yet she only thinks about saving that girls life. She almost lost hers and she doesn't give a damn" He said. I sighed.
"Jasmine went through something no women ever deserves to go through. She went through it alone. She feels as if she owes these girls something. Jasmine has always felt worthless because that prick made her believe that's all she ever was. This her way of feeling worthy." He sighed.
"She doesn't need you to run from her Haz. She needs you by her side helping her help these girls because little do you know she saved you too" I said. He sighed.
"I just need time to calm down. If I go back there, we will just yell at each other again and I don't want that. When you see her, tell her I love her" He said getting up. He walked away before stopping and turning around.
"Thanks for being a great friend Lou" He said before disappearing. I sighed and got up and walked back to Jasmine's room.
Jasmine's POV
It's been a couple days that I been in this shit hole. I hated hospitals. People die in here. Tortured souls linger in these walls. I hated them since I was young. They always gave you bad news and it reeked of bleach and dead people. I haven't spoken or seen to Harry since he broke up with me. I knew the position I put him in. I know what's like to be on his side. When he was in this position, I wanted him to wake up so I can yell at him but I didn't. I couldn't. I was hopefully leaving today. I been recovering well. Louie was coming to pick me up. I just had to take a couple tests. I just finished the test and was being wheeled back to my room.
The moment I entered. A huge bear and huge bouquet of roses were on the table beside my bed. I smiled. I turned and saw him exit the bathroom. He smiled at me. The nurse went to help me onto bed but he came and picked me up onto the bed.
"The doctor will be here shortly to talk to you about your results" the nurse said walking out.
"The flowers are beautiful" I said.
"I knew when I saw them, you were going to love them" He said. I nodded. We stay silent. The silence was awkward but also comforting. The doctor walked in.
"Hello Miss Richardson, how are we feeling today?" He said checking his charts.
"Good. Anxious to leave and go home" I said. He laughed.
"So you been continuously letting us know" He said. I laughed. He looked over my wound making sure it didn't get infected.
"Okay well everything seems good. Do you live alone?" He asked. I nodded.
"You are going to be in bed rest for a couple more days. You are going to need to have someone with you" He said.
"She'll stay with me" Harry said. The doctor nodded.
"Okay please remember to change your bandage every day and carefully wash out the wound like we taught you Jasmine. I'll go through with the procedure with your fiancée as well" He said. I nodded.
"Come with me" he said ushering Harry out the room.
I was currently trying to get out of bed and put my jeans on. I groaned when it wasn't going anywhere. I heard chuckling and looked up to see Harry standing by the door.
"Don't laugh. I hate this!" I said throwing my jeans on the floor. He walked over to me and helped me with my jeans.
"Thank you" I said. He nodded.
"Let me go sign the discharge papers. Take these things to car and then I'll come get you" He said. I nodded.
Harry carried me through the door and up the stairs to his room. There were other rooms that I'm pretty sure weren't in use since the other boys brought houses and don't live with him anymore. I didn't say anything though. He set me down gently.
"Are you hungry? I can make you soup or something?" He asked.
"Chicken noodle soup sounds amazing right now" I said. He nodded and walked out the door.
I was sitting on the bed eating my soup while watching tv. Harry was laying down beside me on his phone. I finished.
"Here, I'll take it downstairs" He said. I smiled. He walked out. His phone vibrated beside me. I looked down and my heart broke when I saw her name pop up. I picked it up and read the message.
From Kendall:
It's going to be hard
I sighed and placed the phone back down. He walked back in. I didn't want to start a fight with him but I needed answers on why he was texting her.
"So, one little things goes wrong with us and you go running back to Kendall?" I asked. He turned and looked at me.
"You looked through my phone?" He asked. I shook my head.
"The message lit up at the wrong time" I said.
"It's not what you think Jasmine" he said.
"Then please elaborate" I said. He sighed.
"I needed to talk to who had a different view on it" He said.
"So you go for your ex girlfriend. It's nice to know that when things go wrong you seek comfort in her" I said. I was angry.
"You making it sound worse than it is. I needed someone else input" He said.
"Okay if that's the case. I'll just text Alex and ask him for his input on our relationship" I said.
"What did I do wrong now?" He asked.
"Why is it when we take five steps forward we take a hundred steps backwards?" I asked.
"I don't know" I sighed.
"This is all we are going to do because if we are I don't want to do it. It hurts too much." I said. He sighed.
"Jasmine, you are the most important thing in my life. The reason on why I breath. Without you I'm nothing. I'm not losing you again. I'll do anything to keep you. If we have take couple counseling or marriage counseling, I'll do it but this. Me and you is forever" He said.
"Why did you chose to talk to her instead of me? You ignored me for days" I said.
"I wanted to get the words right. I didn't want us to fight again. I hate fighting with you" He said. I sighed.
"A husband supports his wife in everything she does. We may not be married but we will one day and I shouldn't question your choices. I should just stick by your side and help you through. I promise from this day forward I will stick by your side and help you through the good and bad" He said. I smiled.
"I love you Harry" I said. He smiled.
"I love you Jasmine. More than you even know" He said before kissing me.