Chapter 1

"Willa you know this weekend is going to be kick ass, don't deny it." Addie smirks, only taking her eyes off of the road for a second to glance at me.

I stare out of the window watching the trees roll past as the seconds go by. The foliage bringing color to my eyes, "Addie I never said it wasn't." I laugh tucking my dark chestnut hair behind my ear.

"Well your attitude doesn't show it," she scoffs turning the music volume up.

This weekend, Addie and I along with a few other girls and guys- this including my boyfriend- are going on a camping trip. Just us eight in a secluded area in the forest, with many, many liquor bottles that I will be staying the hell away from.

I've never been much of a drinker and this weekend's not going to change that.

Before I know it, the sky turns a dark gray from the setting sun and we arrive at the wooded area where Jack: my boyfriend, and his other three friends would be meeting everyone.

They guys got there before all the girls setting up the camp "with no drama," they said. I almost scoff out loud just thinking about it.

Addie and I have our bags slinged around our shoulders as we creep through the woods.

I don't know why but the forest is so calming to me. I know most girls would be scared venturing through one, but it's really not frightening once you relax and take in the beautiful surroundings.

Quickly I smell the wonderful scent of fire wood burning and I follow my nose to the location. "Willa!" I hear Jack yell from just in front of me.

I smile up to him as his golden locks ignite in the fire light. I can't help but feel all jittery and bubbly when he's around me.

As he runs up to me his arms automatically wrap around my waist pulling me towards him. His clothes smelt like the bonfire making me take in a big breath of his scent, "A week's too long apart." He pouts as I throw my arms around his neck. His lip puckers as he fakes a sad face only making me smile wider.

"I agree," I nod shifting my weight onto my tiptoes to connect our lips together. It was soft and lingered for a little, but long enough for me to start getting butterflies in my stomach.

Suddenly I hear loud cat calls coming from behind Jack.

I tense visibly, locking eyes with Jack, "They're good guys Willa. They won't hurt you," he tells me reassuringly rubbing my shoulders with his palms.

Oh yeah, did I not tell you that I knew none of the guys coming?

I don't really open up to many guys.

Quickly I shake my head and put a faint smile on my lips, he mimics my expression tickling beneath my chin with the tips of his fingers. Something he always did when we were together, I always find comfort in that little motion.

I smile genuinely up to Jack before he slings an arm across my shoulders. "Let's get this party started!" He yells followed by a bunch of hoots and hollers.

"Yeah sure," I mumble as we walk to all the other people.

An hour later everyone's wasted, well apart from me. Intently I listen to everyone's words as they begin to slur together in a word mush.

We sit around the campfire sitting on little blankets. I watch the cracking ambers ignite right before my emerald eyes while I slightly tremble with the coldness of the midnight air. "Hey, you cold?" Jack asks from beside me slinging his arm over my shoulder.

"Yeah-yeah I think I have a jacket in th-the tent." I tell him in between my chattering teeth.

He smiles down to me rubbing my shoulder, trying to transfer warmth to me. "Come on I'll go with you." He says setting his beer down.