Chapter 54

Sitting on the edge of Sebastian's bed I try to map out an escape route. He's still asleep on the couch in his room, and I don't want to wake him up. Because if I do, I'm afraid he'll insist coming.

I slept walk, so what?

It's nothing serious, it's common.

I push my hair behind my ears looking down as I slowly ease the pad of my foot on the ground. Once I believe the coast is clear, I put the other foot down.

Seb doesn't move, doesn't even twitch.

Maybe this will be easier then I thought.

Quickly, yet quietly I run to the door.

Just as I thought the coast was clear, the door squeaks open.

Shit.

Looking behind me, I watch as Seb's face scrunches. I cringe, frozen in place. Please go back to sleep, please.

Just as i think I'm busted, he turns over facing his back away from me after groaning sleepily.

A huge breath releases as I slip through the door, leaving it in place so it doesn't squeak shut.

Ever since I payed down to go back to sleep last night, this pond has been on my mind. What is its significance? Why did I dream what I dreamt?

Isaac is too harmless to do any of that, so why did I dream of him?

I start to work my way towards the door to try and go to this pond, but clattering in the kitchen distracts me.

It's fairly early in the morning, who would be in there?

Willa, we need to go to the pond.

I shake my head, reaching toward the knob to go outside. But then a huge crash, and groans of pain echo from the kitchen.

I turn my attention to that instead. Running in, I see Issac on the floor with pots and pans surrounding him.

"What're-" I pause feeling my lips quirk up.

His head shoots up to me and his face becomes an embarrassed hue of red. "That's what I get for trying to do nice things, I guess," he laughs pushing the metallic objects off of him.

I help get the pans off of him, quirking my head. "What were you trying to do? I mean- I don't even know how you did this," I chuckle softly.

"I wanted the pan on the bottom of the shelf, but when I pulled it, they all came down instead," his face blushes as we finally get everything put back.

"I can help?" I look back to him once I close the cabinet.

His eyebrows crease for a second before looking down. "I-" he pauses scratching the back of his neck. "You're the Luna though?"

Then it's my turn to crease my eyebrows, why would that matter? "Yeah? I don't mind helping," I tell him softly setting a hand on his shoulder.

Did his Luna not help with simple things?

When he first got here he said that he shown more kindness then his own. Was his Luna really that bad?

He slowly looks up to me with a ghost of a smile on his lips, "I'd love that, thank you Willa."

Nodding I slowly turn away, my face dropping.

He was very quite while we were cooking. It was like he was deep in thought, and i couldn't snap him out of it.

He'd come back, joke around for a second and then go right back to thinking.

To be fair I was thinking as well, but at least I was trying to stay conscious in the moment.