Chapter 3

I thought dying would be more peaceful. Like seeing a bright light right before you see heaven.

Or I don't know, a burning sensation of dropping to hell.

But I just didn't feel anything. Just numb.

But then I heard voices, I thought maybe it could be an angel, but they were just regular voices. Am I not dead?

At first they were just mumbles, words and syllables mushed together making an incoherent goo.

"...kill her?" I suddenly hear.

"Because she's my mate Jared, we can't." I hear a different voice say.

Just saying, what did I even do for them to consider torturing me?

"She's a human Alpha!" The first voice speaks up again, the same voice, the same man that tortured me.

Suddenly I hear a low growl, "Shut up before I rip your tongue out. I don't want to wake her," he grumbles out.

Why did he just growl?

His growl sounded vaguely familiar to the one I heard before I was knocked out conscious. But his sounded more threatening, more demanding. "Let's take this outside, now." He continues.

The next thing I know is that I hear two sets of feet shuffling and the door closing.

Well that was intimidating.

I open my eyes slowly, very slowly. Crusts concrete my eyelids together. I swear as I open them up I can hear cracks from the cement like goo.

I focus my eyes on my surroundings. I'm no longer in the torture room nor the cage, but a bedroom. Quite a big one I might add. The walls are cream colored matched with a dark wooden floor. Many bookshelves line the walls, filled with an assortment of old binded stories and nicknacks.

I shift my position noticing the soft duvet wrapped around me.

I'm laying in a bed?

The covers are a dark grey paired with cream colored pillows to match the walls.

Why would they bother putting me into a room, in a bed, after they almost killed me? I don't understand any of it.

All I know is that I have to leave before they come back in. I need to find civilization to help me.

Loudly I groan when I lift myself up, my bones creaking with the sudden movement, my muscles on fire.

I swing my legs over the bed, removing the warm covers from my body.

Lightly I touch my now bare feet onto the floor, as my large jacket bags at my wrists.

Well here goes nothing.

I push myself off the bed shifting my weight back on my heels as I stand on the cold wood floor.

Stabilizing myself I stand, no quivering of my legs, but stable.

I decide to take a step, but as soon as I shifted my weight onto my front foot my muscles couldn't handle it. Immediately I deplete to the ground below.

My knees hit with a hard thud sending waves of pain through my entire body.

I bite my lip harshly stopping myself from crying. The pungent taste of iron invades my tastebuds as I pierce my lip.

I'm sore everywhere! My face hurts, my forearm hurts, my whole body aches.

Suddenly my door bursts open making me jump a mile in the air. What I see is a tall man, built strongly, with midnight black hair shaved on the sides but long and tousled on the top. If I wasn't terrified of him, I'd think he was attractive, but I'm terrified so I have no time to think about that. "You're suppose to be on bed rest little one," he says softly walking towards me.