Chapter 32

tw/ violence

I toss two pieces of bread in the toaster as I walk over to the fridge. It's still quite early in the morning. I'm surprised that I'm even awake.

The sun is barely making its way over the horizon as morning birds tweet away. It's almost silent in the pack house, other than the occasional creaks from the floor boards.

I sigh pulling a cup from the cupboard pulling the milk out of the door.

The toaster sings behind me and I quickly set the carton back in the fridge closing it. But right as I'm about to turn around to get the toast, hands land on my shoulders

Harshly I get spun around knocking the milk from my hands as it spills all over the floor.

My breath is sucked in harshly as deadly dark eyes stare at me. "You didn't tell them anything did you?" Jared harshly says pushing me against the metallic fridge making my head slam against it. I cringe, though I grit my teeth no longer feeling afraid of him.

"No." I breathe out heavily. "They don't know a thing," I lie staring into his eyes. It takes me so much restraint to not let my heart raise in tempo as I lie to his face.

"Fine," he smirks demonically. "Then we have time to play."

He lurches forward gripping my neck, slamming my head hard into the fridge. He throws me down to the ground taking a step back.

Coughing, I rub the back of my head.

He chuckles crouching down. "Just like old time." He smirks reaching over, pinching a strand of hair between his fingers. "It's refreshing isn't it?"

"I'm going to kill him right now. Screw the plan," Greyson pops into my head. Sensing the pain through the mark.

"No. I'm fine. Don't screw it up," I snap at him looking up to Jared.

He slowly wraps my hair around his finger. Blinking up to me.

I frown spitting in his face making him let go of my hair.

Jared clenches his jaw slowly standing up.

He kicks my stomach making me grunt with pain. Constricting with the ache.

"Someone's going to hear," I hiss at him trying to play the part. Painfully I move to my hands and knees. My long hair cascading messily down my shoulders.

"Who?" He smirks, "Koda? Sebastian? No, they're on a morning run. Faye? She's on a morning play date with little Lillie. Oh and Greyson? He's on the other side of the house. And if I am correct, I spot no mark upon your neck."

Well he for once he's wrong.

But he still hasn't been able to see my mark because it's always been hidden.

I quickly manoeuvre myself so I'm resting on the toes of my feet.

Quickly I stand swinging a fist, catching him off guard.

The hit lands right under his left cheek.

Before he can react again I grab his hair clapping it tightly in my fist.

I slam his head down on the counter.

I almost laugh hearing the crunching his skull gives off once it hits the hard granite.

Smirking I hit his head, again, and again until my hand is covered in blood.

I go to hit his head another time, but his own hand snaps up to my arm that's still currently grasping his hair.