Chapter 44

Koda's POV~

My eyes blink slowly as I grip the drink harder in my hand. While the plastic crinkles, he laughs at something someone said.

His smile has always been something I've loved. Something I want to see all of the time.

I feel my heart beat skip when he walks past me, glancing at me in the process.

Closing my eyes I shake my head free of thoughts. Thoughts I shouldn't be thinking.

I have to stop that, it's not healthy for me.

I thought it would be fun to come drink with people after the hunt, but it just turned into me thinking about a guy.

A guy I can't have.

To take my mind off of things I look out one of the large windows. The dark black sky starts becoming a lighter navy as the sun peeks over the horizon.

It's close to becoming morning, we all knew we wouldn't get much sleep.

I never really do anyways.

I find my eyes traveling up to him once again.

When I'm drunk I always have a tendency to become more attached. I become more interested when I've had a few drinks.

Sighing I try to fight my mind.

This is why I need a mate. God, I'm so desperate to get a mate it's insane.

Some people don't even care if they find them, but not me. If I could leave for days just to find the perfect one, I would.

I bite my lip looking away quickly when he sits on the couch next to me. "Why aren't you dancing with any of us?" He asks over the music.

He frowns tilting his head slightly. Oh god.

I shrug to his question even though I know exactly the reason. I'm just not in the damn mood to. "Tired," I simply state.

"Koda, come on. You love dancing, we love dancing."

I look down to the hand that's shaking my shoulder. He doesn't know how he affects me. "Sebastian, we have plenty of time to dance later tonight."

I give him a smile, looking away once again.

He's oblivious because he's my best friend.

And he's just our friend. Stop thinking about him differently. I know, exactly.

Nothing but a friend.

"Willa!" Sebastian yells over his shoulder smirking when he looks back to me.

I feel a smile tug onto my lips. This'll be interesting.

She waddles over giggling, Faye right beside her. They were both talked into drinking tonight by some of the other people here. It's been quite a sight seeing them like this.

Poor Greyson has been trying to wrangle both of them.

She hums to Seb, telling him that she's listening. "Don't you think Koda should come dance?" He smirks over to me making me roll my eyes.

Willa and Faye both nod their head rapidly. I don't even have time to process before Willa grabs my hand hoisting me off the couch.

I almost fall from the strength she used, that little thing packs a punch.

"Koda," she slurs making Faye erupt in giggles behind. "Just go wild."