Chapter 36

Taking a deep breath we all walk back inside. Penelope and Liam giving me wide smiles as I blush. My insides still feel all twisted together from having to speak, from feeling such an overwhelming emotion.

You know you can be proud of yourself, right?

I sigh shaking my head. I said some nervous words, it was merely an accident.

Looking up from my feet I see Faye running over with a large smile. "Come on!" She yells grabbing my hand and yanking me out of Greyson's grip.

Stumbling over my feet I follow as she pulls me out of the house once again. Glancing behind me Grey is smiling, jogging behind us. "Where are we going?"

"Sparing tournament!" Koda catches up, running next to us.

"Do you always fight for fun?" I ask looking around to them.

Faye laughs pulling me faster.

"We're barbaric, and animalistic let us have our fun," Sebastian yells from behind.

I roll my eyes as Faye squeezes my hand smiling mischievously as we follow the shouts in the distance.

The clique and I all walk to the sparing circle where people were all gathered around.

Before we get too close my hand is caught and I'm instantly being dragged in the opposite direction.

I shriek until I collide with a solid chest. I smirk pushing away from Greyson as I glance behind us. The others already moving on without us.

He pulls me back quickly by tucking his fingers in the belt buckles of my shorts. I gasp looking up to him. "What?" I smile.

Grey shrugs moving his head down, his lips graze mine just barely, before I hear someone clear their throat.

He pulls back faster then me, and before I can react I'm pushed behind his body. My eyebrows furrow as his muscles become tense hiding me behind him.

"I didn't mean to interrupt," a sly and cool voice breaths lowly. I peek around Greyson's arm looking to see who it is, only to find an older man that I've never seen before.

His gray hair buzzed to the skin, iris's almost white as the blend in with the rest of his eyes. A scar in the shape of a long claw is sketched across his jaw.

He suddenly looks to me and smiles. Greyson growls instantly and pushes me back behind him. "This isn't your pack anymore."

"Yes, but I had to come see your mate for myself."

I bite my lip looking down as I'm mentioned. I stand trying to piece together who this could be.

They're older, about Liam's age. Grey is obviously threatened by them. They used to be in this pack.

I can only think of one person, "Flint you should go." Greyson says, only confirming my thought.

The man who trained Greyson, who beat him until he was satisfied that he would be a good alpha. This is that man.

"Let me look at the little doe eyed girl, and I'll be on my way."

"No," Greyson tells him quickly. I set a hand on his back quickly feeling his anger rise.

"Come on, I'm her biggest fan. The stories get passed all around my new pack. Just this once Greyson," Flint pries.

I massage my hand into his back comfortably even if I'm dying to teach this bastard a lesson. "He won't leave until he sees you. I can get warriors to get him out of here if needed." He links me.