Chapter 71

Willa's POV~

Smiling slightly I watch as Grey laughs loudly patting Seb on the back. Music booms through the speakers as I watch a drinking game commence.

Never thought I'd see Greyson drink. Yet here I am, sitting on the couch with my own drink in hand watching as he sways slowly.

Seb is especially amusing. When he said he wanted to celebrate, he really wanted to celebrate. There's not a person here who isn't enjoying themselves and it's refreshing.

Even Koda and Silas are stepping outside their comfort zone.

When we came back from the store and Seb announced what had just happened, it flipped the mood in the whole house. I guess it was a relief because Seb was starting to give up.

No one expected her to be human. Other than the brief human period I had, Seb is the only one to have an actual human mate.

It'll be tough, to say the least.

Putting my head back on the sofa, my eyes drag lazily telling me that the alcohol is starting to seep into my system.

I rarely drink, so I have no tolerance. I better slow down so I can still be cognitive tonight. I want Greyson to let loose and have fun. He's been so tightly wound since I've been back. He deserves to just relax, so I'm not going to take tonight from him with my own drunkenness.

My head pops up when I hear screams, my heart spiking in speed. I blink quickly looking around only to realize they were only cheering for the game.

Everything's fine.

Faye and Eli went back to their pack, but how I wish she was here to keep me company. We would be sitting on the couch laughing at everyone. People watching was something we'd often do.

Though now, I keep spacing off only being brought back by the scare of loud voices. Thought they're always just screams of joy, and not fear.

Blinking I bring myself back from spacing yet again and drawing my attention to Grey. He smiles looking down at the table, before looking to me.

Even if he's having fun, he keeps looking to me to see if I'm okay.

I smile softly, before finishing the remainder of my drink. I cringe slightly, putting the empty bottle on the table next to me. My hand shakes as I do so.

Pulling my hand back to me, I hold it to control the sudden jitters. Only then do I look back to Grey seeing him walk over to me.

My smile grows as he crouches in front of me, setting his drink on the table. "Hey," he smirks.

"Hi," I say as he puts his hands on my knees.

"Do you want me to get you another?" He motions his head to my empty bottle before looking to me.

Shaking my head I watch his eyes lazily blink from his intake of alcohol. Though other than that factor that gives it away, he doesn't seem drunk at all. "No I'm okay, I don't want to drink too much."

I just want you to have fun.

He nods squeezing my knee. "Okay," he stands. "Do you want to stand over there with me and watch the game?"

Shaking my head once again, I grab his hand. "I'm okay. Just promise me you'll win, okay?"

He chuckles slightly, his eyes brightening with kiddish joy. Leaning down he pecks a kiss on my lips, "Promise."

"Greyson stop making out, it's your turn!" Seb slurs across the room. Grey quickly turns around after getting his drink and walking back over.

Licking my lips, I taste the beer that was residing on his.